Bug and tar remover

Car
    R56 JCW Hatch, R60 JCW Countryman ALL4
    It's that time of year again..... driving back from Glasgow airport on Thursday evening and I thought we were going through a rain shower. NOPE. It was a bug shower, thousands of the little sh!ts splattering the front of the countryman.

So, what's everyone's go-to choice for Bug & Tar remover these days that doesn't remove wax?

R60 Light White / Red Countryman All 4 John Cooper Works Auto
    R57 Chili Red Convertible John Cooper Works Auto

Car
    X3 M competition,F56 GP ,F54 JCW white silver edtionTrafic Formula Edition
    Don't know of one that won't remove wax ,I just use Tardis for tar and Meguirs bug remover ,but don't let it dry or it's hard to remove
    The cars in front are New MINI Scotland

Car
    Tardis will well and truly strip the wax off. :( Looking for something that will strip the bugs and leave the good stuff. If such a product exists.

Car
    R53 heavy moded
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyP & Lenore View Post
    Tardis will well and truly strip the wax off. :( Looking for something that will strip the bugs and leave the good stuff. If such a product exists.
    im pretty sure that don't exist a good foam will loosen them off and a good cupple of coats of wax before you hit any bugs will help them not stick
    New sig coming soon

One half of Gobi and Sahara EcosseGP's Avatar
    Car
    F54 and F56
    Well I beg to differ Rob I'm afraid ...
    Check out http://www.autoglym.com/products/pro...insect-remover Andy I'm sure that's what you want and it's wax friendly
    You only need two tools in life WD40 and Duct Tape. If it doesn't move and should use WD40 and if it moves and shouldn't use Duct Tape.

Car
    Spot on Davy, thank you.

Car
    R53 heavy moded
    Quote Originally Posted by EcosseGP View Post
    Well I beg to differ Rob I'm afraid ...
    Check out http://www.autoglym.com/products/pro...insect-remover Andy I'm sure that's what you want and it's wax friendly
    Well it seems Davy is right after a quick Google a few come up but I would be very careful on what I chose there is a good way of testing is put a small bit of wax in a glass and cover in product and leave over night if wax still there then wax safe if not then its not !!
    New sig coming soon

One half of Gobi and Sahara EcosseGP's Avatar
    Car
    F54 and F56
    You shouldn't need to leave it on that long anyway ... You could always use AG fast glass it does pretty much the same thing :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    You only need two tools in life WD40 and Duct Tape. If it doesn't move and should use WD40 and if it moves and shouldn't use Duct Tape.

Car
    X3 M competition,F56 GP ,F54 JCW white silver edtionTrafic Formula Edition
    Well learned about bug remover the hard way. We were on holiday down south and the Countryman One was covered in bugs so stooped off and bought some Megs bug remover ....had a brain wave and coated the front of the car in the stuff and then drove to the jet wash in Pickering ,upon which I found nothing would remove the stuff and when the car got traded in ...yip some of it still remained...lesson learned
    The cars in front are New MINI Scotland

Car
    R53 heavy moded
    Quote Originally Posted by EcosseGP View Post
    You shouldn't need to leave it on that long anyway ... You could always use AG fast glass it does pretty much the same thing :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Yes I understand that but if it takes a bit of wax off each time then after 3/4 cleans then it need rewaxing is what I'm trying to say !! It's a bit like the snow foams
    New sig coming soon