The New John Cooper Works Hatch launch Weekend 2nd - 4th May 2015

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Harry Fairbairn Sponsor
    Quote Originally Posted by Crombers View Post
    Giffnock for me too, working this weekend but I'll pop on by

I will be in Harry Fairbairn Inverness Saturday and Sunday if there's anyone in the Inverness area wanting to come in

i just had a go in the JCW anyone that is thinking of taking it out go and do it you will not be disappointed the sound it makes going up the gearbox is amazing

Car
    2021 F54 JCW
    Had a wee trip through to the Giffnock garage earlier today and would like to say a big thank you to Mark and Andrew who let me have a drive of the new car and a wee chat afterwards. Nothing signed and no money has been spent.... yet!

Loved driving it and having mainly driven manual cars for the last 10 years, having had a wee play with the auto box I think it'd be hard to turn down the flappy paddles - but that's just the big kid in me. The car feels bigger than the R56 but still keeps the Mini feeling, it's hard to tell what it's really like as you can't really let lose with a car that's covered just 150 miles and has a salesman in the passenger seat

My only complaint was it's a bit quiet but that's not surprising coming from my own It does make a nice noise when you drop it down a gear and push the loud pedal

Car
    2018 Cooper S Works 210
    I'm not listening lol I can't wait to drive one.

Car
    2021 F54 JCW
    Just specced one up £28k without any of the JCW Pro bits. I'm away to put a block on the MINI website before I get any daft ideas

Harry Fairbairn Sponsor
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalLemming View Post
    Had a wee trip through to the Giffnock garage earlier today and would like to say a big thank you to Mark and Andrew who let me have a drive of the new car and a wee chat afterwards. Nothing signed and no money has been spent.... yet!

Loved driving it and having mainly driven manual cars for the last 10 years, having had a wee play with the auto box I think it'd be hard to turn down the flappy paddles - but that's just the big kid in me. The car feels bigger than the R56 but still keeps the Mini feeling, it's hard to tell what it's really like as you can't really let lose with a car that's covered just 150 miles and has a salesman in the passenger seat

My only complaint was it's a bit quiet but that's not surprising coming from my own It does make a nice noise when you drop it down a gear and push the loud pedal
    Thanks for the feedback. Glad Mark and Andrew looked after you well.

Car
    R53 Mini Cooper S
    Jumped into HF Irvine on sunday after work, I wasn't sold on the f56... until I laid eyes on the JCW. Stunning!