R56 MCS Coolant Temp Problem - Auto Electrician?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Car
    2018 Cooper S Works 210
    In fact scrap that it's in the driver's side footwell
    down next to the accelerator pedal by the looks of it

Car
    2018 Cooper S Works 210
    Item A3 is the fuse

Car
    2007 R56 Cooper S
    Nice one, cheers mate.

---------------------------------------------------------
    Mini by Name, Maxi by Nature
    MODS SO FAR....Twin Saikou Michi Oil Catch Cans:Iridium Spark Plugs:Sound Generator Delete:Intercooler Muffler Delete:LED Sidelights:Chrome Front Indicator Bulbs:FMIC:Pipercross Panel Filter:Stealth CAT:Viper Stripes...........

Car
    X3 M competition,F56 GP ,F54 JCW white silver edtionTrafic Formula Edition
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie_JCW View Post
    If there's nothing coming out the bleed screw that's where I'd start, surely you should be getting coolant coming out, I could be wrong. Sounds like there may be an air lock.
    If you unscrew bleed screw ....water should come out
    The cars in front are New MINI Scotland

One half of Gobi and Sahara EcosseGP's Avatar
    Car
    F54 and F56
    ^^^ yeah I'd agree Brian if it doesn't there's definitely an issue ... I know the R53s are hard to bleed and it can take ages to get it right. Last time I did it I just rang the hose pipe into the system and kept filling it until such times that the water had forced any air out of the system.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    You only need two tools in life WD40 and Duct Tape. If it doesn't move and should use WD40 and if it moves and shouldn't use Duct Tape.

Car
    2007 R56 Cooper S
    Good news - sort of. Car got up to temperature nicely this morning! Looks like it is an airlock and I think I know why. When I was accessing the oil filter, I moved the expansion tank out of the way and disconnected the return pipe which lost a little water in the process (don't know why this didn't occur to me before now!!) so I presume this is where the lock has come from as it was fine before. I'm going to do a vacuum fill at the weekend just to make sure it's properly filled.

So now I just need to fined out why my fan isn't coming on and investigate my spotlamp fuse.

Thanks again for your help chaps.

If anyone has any ideas on the fan, let me know

MODS SO FAR....Twin Saikou Michi Oil Catch Cans:Iridium Spark Plugs:Sound Generator Delete:Intercooler Muffler Delete:LED Sidelights:Chrome Front Indicator Bulbs:FMIC:Pipercross Panel Filter:Stealth CAT:Viper Stripes...........

Car
    2018 Cooper S Works 210
    It's an insanely high temp the fan kicks in at, I'm sure it's over 100 degrees C which the R56 rarely reaches unless it's a warm day, sat idling for ages or it's been a hard drive it's rare I hear my fan running and I can't resist using all my power all the time

Car
    2007 R56 Cooper S
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie_JCW View Post
    It's an insanely high temp the fan kicks in at, I'm sure it's over 100 degrees C which the R56 rarely reaches unless it's a warm day, sat idling for ages or it's been a hard drive it's rare I hear my fan running and I can't resist using all my power all the time
    In heavy town traffic I regularly reach over 100 C and all I ever get is the reduced power message at which point I pull over, switch off and start again. I've never heard the fan until the other day and now nothing again.