Pads and Discs

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Car
    r53s jcw
    Gordy yeah i thought i ordered gold but my mistake, John i found out about needing the rewind tool yesterday, got a friend who works in a tyre fitters who can borrow one from work but got to wait till tues.

Traffic Light Racer John Martin's Avatar
    Car
    GP1223 & R53 S
    That is mine fitted front and rear, rear would have been hard going without the calliper rewind tool, fronts were 20 mins a side and easy.
    Living the dream.

Car
    r53s jcw
    Just ordered the tool this morning, mate let me down.

Traffic Light Racer John Martin's Avatar
    Car
    GP1223 & R53 S
    Pity you were not closer and you could have borrowed mine, It certainly makes the job easy.
    Living the dream.

Werther's Original & Sponsor ELFMAN's Avatar
    Larkhall, Lanarkshire, Scotland, United Kingdom
    Really interesting thread this. I was getting a bit of brake judder/wheel shimmy under braking on the Heartbeat Tour. Fairly low miles on my JCW brakes, but they have been on for a while so might be a bit 'off' by now? Car still stops ok, but must get them checked... Could maybe have a bit of rust on the back of the discs...

2008 R56 COOPER S, Pepper White, Black Roof, 'John Cooper' Signature Side and Bonnet Stripes, JCW 'Stage 1' Tuning Kit, Forge Intercooler, Milltek Downpipe & Sports Cat, ALTA Induction, Chris Knox/DNA Remap, JCW/Brembo Brakes, Limited Slip Diff, JCW Suspension and Front Strut Brace, 17" Crown Spokes with Non-Runflat 205/45x17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport tyres, JCW/Recaro leather Seats, JCW Sideskirts, Chili Pack, Front Spotlights. Still got my old Hendrix Badge blu-tacked to the dash!

Car
    2018 Cooper S Works 210
    I was getting that too Euan before I replaced my pads and discs but that was after 30k miles of use

Car
    r53s jcw
    Quote Originally Posted by John Martin View Post
    Pity you were not closer and you could have borrowed mine, It certainly makes the job easy.
    Cheers for the offer but it is a bit of a way. Thing was only 25 quid.

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie_JCW View Post
    I was getting that too Euan before I replaced my pads and discs but that was after 30k miles of use
    I had the car out again last night and the brakes actually felt ok. Possibly whatever was causing the problem has finally worn off? The car wasn't out for months last year due to me and my Dad's health issues - and it had only had a few short outings before the Heartbeat Tour. The discs and pads have therefore done MUCH less than 30k, in fact the whole car just passed 15k on the Tour! I'll see how it goes in the next few weeks... Fingers crossed!
    Last edited by ELFMAN; 19th April 2015 at 10:42 AM.

2008 R56 COOPER S, Pepper White, Black Roof, 'John Cooper' Signature Side and Bonnet Stripes, JCW 'Stage 1' Tuning Kit, Forge Intercooler, Milltek Downpipe & Sports Cat, ALTA Induction, Chris Knox/DNA Remap, JCW/Brembo Brakes, Limited Slip Diff, JCW Suspension and Front Strut Brace, 17" Crown Spokes with Non-Runflat 205/45x17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport tyres, JCW/Recaro leather Seats, JCW Sideskirts, Chili Pack, Front Spotlights. Still got my old Hendrix Badge blu-tacked to the dash!

One half of Gobi and Sahara EcosseGP's Avatar
    Car
    F54 and F56
    I'm sure it'll be OK Euan now it's had a run, brakes are always a nightmare if you leave them so maybe the HBT has done them the world of good !

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    You only need two tools in life WD40 and Duct Tape. If it doesn't move and should use WD40 and if it moves and shouldn't use Duct Tape.

Tell you something, it certainly did ME the world of good -
    I reckon I got my 'Mojo' back during the Tour