Pads and Discs

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Car
    2018 Cooper S Works 210
    Does anyone know which brand of pads and discs (front) MINI use in the R56 JCW?
    I also mind Stoney saying that 350Z pads fit are they identical?

Car
    2021 F54 JCW
    Not sure what the OEM brand is, but I'm looking at upgrade options for mine just now - so many choices it's a bit mind mending! I've heard good things about Mintex M1144 pads, not sure if they're more track orientated though, also EBC YellowStuff seem to be well liked but again from what I can tell aimed more at folk who track their car a lot.

Car
    R53 heavy moded
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie_JCW View Post
    Does anyone know which brand of pads and discs (front) MINI use in the R56 JCW?
    I also mind Stoney saying that 350Z pads fit are they identical?
    Yes the 350z are exactly the same I'm sure I'm my bild thread is the type of pad I got and they have done 2 track nights with ease

I would recommend HEL brake lines they make a huge improvement I noticed it when took them off !!
    New sig coming soon

Car
    R53 heavy moded
    Here you go it was Ferodo DS2500 pads I got eddie
    New sig coming soon

Car
    2018 Cooper S Works 210
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalLemming View Post
    Not sure what the OEM brand is, but I'm looking at upgrade options for mine just now - so many choices it's a bit mind mending! I've heard good things about Mintex M1144 pads, not sure if they're more track orientated though, also EBC YellowStuff seem to be well liked but again from what I can tell aimed more at folk who track their car a lot.
    Four pots I'm not looking to upgrade as I'm happy with the standard setup, only cooked them once and I was going really hard on them

Quote Originally Posted by stoney View Post
    Yes the 350z are exactly the same I'm sure I'm my bild thread is the type of pad I got and they have done 2 track nights with ease

I would recommend HEL brake lines they make a huge improvement I noticed it when took them off !!
    Cheers Stoney I think I'll give them a go. I have been looking at HEL lines but I've got a few other things I'd like before them

Car
    JCW S GP1499 & R59 JCW
    The difference that Hel lines make is unbelievable Eddie.
    I changed the fluid and fitted Hel lines and my brakes were transformed.

...enjoy the journey.

Car
    mini roadster jcw
    just ordered up some hel lines for my jcw roadster . for info im using redstuff pads and now they are properly bedded in they are working really well ,only issue i had was on the lecht section of the highland tour when i got a bit of fade possibly due to the fact the pads had only done a couple of hundred miles
    TAPS AFF FITT DOON

Car
    2018 Cooper S Works 210
    After doing a bit of digging I'm thinking, M-tec discs and ds2500 pads would be my best bet. Anyone got photos of the M-Tec discs after a few thousand miles? To see how the coating is lasting

We have just had ours done for The Heartbeat Tour. New drilled and grooved discs with new pads. Left it to our local garage to order the parts as owner is into "proper" cars and knew what I was looking for. Haven't had the bill yet, so don't know make or cost, but do know they have awesome braking power.....and they look OK as well. Will post up costs / make when I get his bill.

Car
    JCW S GP1499 & R59 JCW

I know that my wheels and hubs are minging Eddie but the discs do clean up back to shiny black.
    Those M-Tecs have been on for nearly three years and done about 15K and I still have the bog standard Mintex pads on which came with the discs.

...enjoy the journey.