Modern MINI Oscar results ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    One half of Gobi and Sahara EcosseGP's Avatar
    Car
    F54 and F56
    Modern MINI Oscars ... And the winner of Best Club 2014 goes to (drum roll) ...

"US" ... New MINI Scotland !!

Can I say Congratulations to each and every one of you for all the effort that has gone into making this club such a success. Who'd have thought 2014 would have been such a success for us but I'm so glad that it has.

I'm honoured to be part of the club, not just because I'm on the admin team but the way the club has developed over the past year.

Firstly I'm sure everyone will join me and raise their glasses to "The Harpers" for taking over the reigns and steering the club in the right direction. Without a family so passionate not only about the MINI brand but also making a club that's all about "fun" rather than just about cars this would never have happened.

Secondly I'd like to say a massive thanks to each and every one of you, the members, for making 2014 such a cracking year, because without such great members we would never have won the award.

So much has been achieved in such a short space of time and I'm sure this award will give the club an excellent platform to continue to build on.

"Congratulations" once again ... fill your glass and raise it to yourself for being part of a winning team and playing a small part of being the big MINI family.

He's to a great 2015 which is really starting in a couple of weeks time with the Heartbeat Tour before we head into the show season.

More importantly please continue to support the club and the things it has to offer and let's keep the wheels rolling towards retaining the "Best club" Oscar in 2015.

Davy (admin)
    Last edited by EcosseGP; 11th March 2015 at 01:35 AM.
    You only need two tools in life WD40 and Duct Tape. If it doesn't move and should use WD40 and if it moves and shouldn't use Duct Tape.

Car
    2018 Cooper S Works 210
    EXCELLENT NEWS!!

I'd also like to thank "The Harpers" without them and their passion for the club as well as MINI, Davy's right I doubt this would've happened.

We may not be the biggest club but the awards are certainly telling us we're the best and it's down to the brilliant members as well as the great admin team.

2014 was a great year for me and being part of NMS is what made it so great, from the runs to the Highland Tour to the Cars & Coffees as well as the shows (yes, even the Santa Pod Hurricane) I've enjoyed every event. Here's to an even better 2015 with more awards, events, people and of course the all important banter.

Well done all of us!!

Car
    JCW S GP1499 & R59 JCW
    Congrats to you all and a big thank you from me personally for making me feel so welcome each and every time that I have met up with you all.
    Some of you know that I don't actually park on the NMS stand at shows, I'm always on the GPUKOC stand, but the "double pitch" method that we had on board worked VERY well last year and I know that the other GP owners loved it too.
    I just can't wait for the S.C.C. as it will be my first show actually parked up on the N.M.S. stand.
    .....are we there yet ?

A huge thanks to Family Harper for their efforts, and especially for the kindness and thoughtfulness that they have given me, to all of the admin team and especially to all of you, the members.
    You all make this family a great place to be.
    2015 will be a cracking year.

Si thi all soon.
    Pete

...enjoy the journey.

Car
    X3 M competition,F56 GP ,F54 JCW white silver edtionTrafic Formula Edition
    Just saw this and it's a tremendous effort from everyone,just saw the pics and it would have been nice if they could have used NMS pics......oh well one Scottish person in a kilt must just look like any other scottish person in a kilt on my way to work and will put up a reply to everyone later ,but for now a massive thanks to everyone that has been part of this process
    The cars in front are New MINI Scotland

Car
    F56 JCW GP, R55 Clubvan
    Just a quick post before I get ready for work. A huge thank you to everyone that has helped and supported NMS throught 2014. It's great that NMS is finally being recognised for being the best club with the best members. It's a shame that they couldn't use NMS pics rather than MiniClan pictures but at least Burples car sneaked in
    Racing Grey F56 JCW GP 0370 - Chilli Red Mirror Caps, Custom OHC Alcantara Steering Wheel, Motech Performance By PiperCross Panel Filter, Custom GP Steering Wheel Spoke, Custom GP Stitched Carbon Side Scuttles, JCW Pro Mats, RSI C6 Carbonfibre Scoop, JCW Pro Stitched Carbon Boot Handle

Ice Blue R55 Clubvan - JCW Shiftlight, JCW Carbon Fibe Handbrake, JCW Carbon Fibre Dash, JCW Steering Wheel, Recaro JCW Sportster CS, CoolerWorx ShortShifter, BC Racing Coilovers, JCW Brembo 4pots, HEL Braided Lines, JCW Front Bumper, MINI Challenge Splitter, White Rota Blitz

Super Moderator
    Car
    F54 JCW White Silver Edition
    OMG I am so excited and so very very proud of every NMS member with out you we would nt have been able to do this xxxxxx

Car
    2007 R52 S "Sh**ey White" & 2016 Skoda Yeti "Daily"
    Huge congrats to all involved with NMS, from the owners to the admin and most importantly, YOU the members, because without you, we wouldn't have a club. I think we have gone from strength to strength over the last year or so and long may it continue. We have a huge amount organised for this year so make sure you get involved to experience it all

As for Modern MINI, that's just sloppy journalism not even looking at who runs the event, and would have taken them 5 mins to work that out. When Phil moved on from being the Editor, in my eyes the magazine went downhill....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One half of Gobi and Sahara EcosseGP's Avatar
    Car
    F54 and F56
    ^^^ I'm delighted that we won but feel sad that no one from Modern MINI got in touch with someone from the club to let us know. I know that MM have got Brian's and William's email addresses I feel that they have should be informed when the results were known.

I think I woke William up last night to let him know ... anyway I know that the clubs cars haven't been used in the photos but that should also spur us on to make sure they get noticed at this years shows.

For those club members that haven't experienced a show, meet or event please don't feel scared to pop along, the more experienced members will be more than happy to help out (if you need it) .. You can come along with a friend or the family and join in the fun, the more the merrier.

Excellent news to start the year ... Drinks are on the Harpers !! (Did I just say that out loud ?) :):)
    You only need two tools in life WD40 and Duct Tape. If it doesn't move and should use WD40 and if it moves and shouldn't use Duct Tape.

Car
    2021 F54 JCW
    Wow, fantastic news - what can I say that hasn't already been said!

Firstly a big thanks to the Harpers for taking over the reigns at NMS and driving the club forward, as Davy says I don't think this would've been possible without your passion for the brand and club as a whole.

The biggest thank you has to go to each and everyone of our members, without them NMS wouldn't exist.

Congratulations everyone, 2014 was a great year and I've made some great friends over that year. Here's hoping 2015 is even better

Great news, worth waking William up for. Well done The Harpers, leadership always comes from the top.
    Now we defo have a slogan for the generic T shirts.