Steam cleaning

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Car
    2018 Cooper S Works 210
    I done a bit of browsing and ended up deciding I needed a steam cleaner to help with car cleaning. I've bought the Karcher SC1.020 any of you got one? I'm just about to try it on Rachael's mats first as they're atrocious.
    How many of you use steam to help clean cars and does anyone have any hints and tips?

Car
    JCW S GP1499 & R59 JCW
    I use a small household one to do the engine bay.
    Do not use it very close to any plastics, it will slightly melt it if you hold it too close for too long.

...to Infinity and beyond !!!

Banned
    Car
    F56 Cooper S
    I just use our household steam bullet. When we bought our old Freelander ther seats and (beige) headlining were in a god awful mess. I used a small brush attachment with a microfibre over it. The headlining came up brand new :)

Car
    F56 JCW GP, R55 Clubvan
    Yehp I've got a Karcher Steamcleaner love it
    Racing Grey F56 JCW GP 0370 - Chilli Red Mirror Caps, Custom OHC Alcantara Steering Wheel, Motech Performance By PiperCross Panel Filter, Custom GP Steering Wheel Spoke, Custom GP Stitched Carbon Side Scuttles, JCW Pro Mats, RSI C6 Carbonfibre Scoop, JCW Pro Stitched Carbon Boot Handle

Ice Blue R55 Clubvan - JCW Shiftlight, JCW Carbon Fibe Handbrake, JCW Carbon Fibre Dash, JCW Steering Wheel, Recaro JCW Sportster CS, CoolerWorx ShortShifter, BC Racing Coilovers, JCW Brembo 4pots, HEL Braided Lines, JCW Front Bumper, MINI Challenge Splitter, White Rota Blitz

One half of Gobi and Sahara EcosseGP's Avatar
    Car
    F54 and F56
    Yeah I've got a cheap one but don't really use it .. Just be careful when cleaning engine bay stuff as Pete says it can melt stuff if you're too close.
    You only need two tools in life WD40 and Duct Tape. If it doesn't move and should use WD40 and if it moves and shouldn't use Duct Tape.

Car
    2018 Cooper S Works 210
    Pete I'm being over cautious anyway lol so I doubt there's any risk of that, also practicing using it on Rachael's car first

Donna that's what I wanted to use it for, I've a 21 year old car that seems like it's not been cleaned inside since it was new.

It is a good bit of kit, certainly hot

Cheers Davy :)

One half of Gobi and Sahara EcosseGP's Avatar
    Car
    F54 and F56
    If you're looking to do the interior with it Eddie you'd be better with a wet vax maybe. If not ..
    Mist the seat with water then spray with upholstery cleaner and lightly scrub with a nail brush then remove the excess water with a dry cloth and leave the car running for about 10 mins with the heater on full to dry out ...
    You only need two tools in life WD40 and Duct Tape. If it doesn't move and should use WD40 and if it moves and shouldn't use Duct Tape.

Banned
    Car
    F56 Cooper S
    I think I have photos of the Landy roof somewhere Eddie - half steamed, half not. I'll see if I can find them later.

Car
    F56 JCW GP, R55 Clubvan
    Ive always Vaxed the interior like what Davy is saying rather than steaming which I use for under bonnet, door shuts etc etc
    Racing Grey F56 JCW GP 0370 - Chilli Red Mirror Caps, Custom OHC Alcantara Steering Wheel, Motech Performance By PiperCross Panel Filter, Custom GP Steering Wheel Spoke, Custom GP Stitched Carbon Side Scuttles, JCW Pro Mats, RSI C6 Carbonfibre Scoop, JCW Pro Stitched Carbon Boot Handle

Ice Blue R55 Clubvan - JCW Shiftlight, JCW Carbon Fibe Handbrake, JCW Carbon Fibre Dash, JCW Steering Wheel, Recaro JCW Sportster CS, CoolerWorx ShortShifter, BC Racing Coilovers, JCW Brembo 4pots, HEL Braided Lines, JCW Front Bumper, MINI Challenge Splitter, White Rota Blitz

Car
    2018 Cooper S Works 210
    Quote Originally Posted by MiniiGP View Post
    If you're looking to do the interior with it Eddie you'd be better with a wet vax maybe. If not ..
    Mist the seat with water then spray with upholstery cleaner and lightly scrub with a nail brush then remove the excess water with a dry cloth and leave the car running for about 10 mins with the heater on full to dry out ...
    Yeah I just wasn't sure that a wet vax would tackle the tough stuff. Cheers Davy