Bad News

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Jeff
    Mini was in an accident with a Range Rover at the Keir roundabout Dunblane today:(.

I had joined the M9 junction 10 heading for the Keir roundabout, was tailgated all the way by this Land Rover in the outside lane as I approached the roundabout I was in the outside lane so numpty in the land rover went to the inside lane. I then proceeded around the roundabout hugging the inside of the roundabout to take the A9 exit to Perth, and join the A9 north in the outside lane at the same time numpty in the Land Rover undertook me got alongside in the outside lane of the roundabout and as I turned to head north he continued straight on to take the Dunblane turn off and side swiped me, big style .

As usual the police don't want to know unless there is witnesses as it was my word against his and nobody was hurt. I have taken digital photos of the car and have illusatred maps to prove this fruitcake was in the wrong lane to support my insurance claim.

The damage is unbelievable new front bonnet required, door, wheels and alloys, passenger seat as the airbag burst and petrol cap.

Good news, if there is any, I escaped unharmed and luckily nobody was travelling with me in the passenger side and John Clark have kindly given me a convertible for a few days

Not the best day I have ever had:mad:

duncan
    Very sorry to hear that Jeff, but as you say, at least no-one is hurt.

Hope you get sorted out soon, and that your MINI is back looking as good as new.

Enjoy the convertible!

AberdeenMini
    Really sorry to hear about this mate, you must be absolutely gutted :(

As you said the most important thing is that you escaped what could have been a serious injury :)

checkgirl
    Sorry to hear that!

minidriver#1
    this is why 4x4 jeeps and the likes need to be banned from British roads. Cant stand em. Overly big, waste of space, fuel and money and the majority of drivers have over inflated heads but not nearly enough brains to fill em.

sorry to hear about that accident, all will be well again soon though.

Wul
    Sorry about that Jeff - Don't have enough fingers and toes to count the times that has nearly happened to me - alongwith the people who go straight across a roundabout rather than round it and nearly crash into you in the inside lane!

Hope your insurers get a result from the numpty SUV owner and enjoy the fresh air in yer hair!

Sponsor
    Sorry to hear that you've had an accident.
    Hope all is fixed soon.

And yes, I agree, it could have been a lot worse.

Julz
    Oh bum is about all I can say!!:( That's the problem with these shiny off road vehicles, you ain't gonna win against them:mad:

Monsta Mo Mini
    That sucks Jeff. Glad your OK and hope the numpty gets what's coming to him!

I see the same thing happening all the time....

It's usually the impatient ones who can't be bothered to wait in the queue to turn right that go up the left hand lane and try squeeze into the flow of traffic going round the roundabout that really get me. I've seen so many near misses all because these morons seem to think the 1 minute of their time is more important than yours!

GAJ
    Nightmare Jeff! Remember, stiff upper lip!