First warranty trip :(

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Banned
    Car
    F56 Cooper S
    Yep, I'm on a couple of forums now ....that American one and minif56.com and there are lots of us. BMW can't really keep feeding the "no other cases" line to their customers in the age of social media :) I kinda befriended a guy (nae like that!!) based in the states....an MINI tech who also owns an F56, he's been really useful, especially when I was trying to find the issue ourselves.

I know things will get sorted out, just need to be patient. Thankfully its not in my nature to go in all guns firing, mechs need to be treated gently!

- - - Updated - - -

....you guys are invaluable too, obviously! Steve just tells me to stay off the forums 'cos it upsets me! You should have seen my reaction to the numerous guys having new gearboxes and engines in their F56 Ss........ better nae happen to mine!

One half of Gobi and Sahara EcosseGP's Avatar
    Car
    F54 and F56
    Nothing wrong with doing your homework Donna and having the ammunition to fire if and when needed. Better to have too much info than not enough. Hang in there I can imagine how frustrating it must be having issues with a new car ...
    You only need two tools in life WD40 and Duct Tape. If it doesn't move and should use WD40 and if it moves and shouldn't use Duct Tape.

Banned
    Car
    F56 Cooper S
    Aw man .... I feel like I'm driving a brand new car! Those original shocks must have been proper knackered! Took me all I had to actually drive to work this morning and not take to the hills!!!

also .... mentioned this on the FB page but the Service Manager said he still had no response from BMW about the paintwork but to quote him he reckoned "they're all the same" "they need to redesign and recall" and "BMW are heading for problems" regarding the door seals. Now you all know I'm a patient kinda quine and I know the dealer doesn't want to 'just' respray, it's totally understandable......anyhoo..... had a wee chat with my sales mannie while I was waiting for the car to come out of the workshop and mentioned that it's one problem down, one left to go. I told him about the paint and explained on the car in the showroom (now bear in mind that this car will only have 1/2 miles on the clock) but even it has evident wee scratches of a problem about to start. I noticed the MCS demonstrator for sale in the forecourt (Mar 14 registered, 9000miles on the clock, also VO) .... the salesman grabbed the keys and .....WOOOOOOAH!!!! It's REALLY badly rubbed, even the passenger side is rubbed through. He looked honestly shocked (and I felt a bit smug) .... so all the salesmen etc are running about with F56 keys checking the forecourt cars (and their own) and all cars have this to varying degrees.

BMW need to full their fingers out their proverbials and own up to the design fault, redesign and issue a recall...... every F56 is at risk.

Reminds me of power steering pump issues, timing chain issues... BMW are shocking at admitting warranty issues or doing recalls, in this country at least

Feet were made to fit car pedals. If we were meant to walk, we'd have pogo sticks for legs

Car
    2007 R52 S "Sh**ey White" & 2016 Skoda Yeti "Daily"
    ^^^^THIS^^^^. As someone who lost thousands in the process of said issues, it saddens me they are still getting away with it ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Door alignment is pretty basic as well, how hard can that be to design properly!?

Feet were made to fit car pedals. If we were meant to walk, we'd have pogo sticks for legs

Banned
    Car
    F56 Cooper S
    I think the door alignment is ok (otherwise it would only be evident in a couple of cars) but this is them ALL ... that door seal is like sandpaper.
    The F55 is ok since it doesn't have the same seals.

watching me, watching you gauldrymini's Avatar
    Car
    TBA
    Donna, our Roadster had a similar issue with its boot that seemed to rub/scratch the rear bumper. Did check our F55 on Sunday and it seemed OK but will keep an eye on this
    Deposit paid ... something new this way comes!