First warranty trip :(

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Banned
    Car
    F56 Cooper S
    We'll see how JC performs *fingers crossed* they'll give me no issues - however if they think all my issues will be fixed (like I expect them to be) in two working days then they're sadly mistaken. Paint shop alone will take that. I'll have a loaner and I won't be fobbed off with 'booking it back in' ... I'll keep the loaner until mine's ready! I'm not continually running back and forth from Ellon at their convenience.

watching me, watching you gauldrymini's Avatar
    Car
    TBA
    ...Little bit of a road trip for you but Grassicks (Perth) maybe worth a shot if you are having no joy with JC, they fixed our Roadster roof whereas JC Dundee couldn't
    Deposit paid ... something new this way comes!

Regards the loan car they give you - insist on one with winter tyres. They didn't like it when we did, but we pointed out BMW advise you fit them as we had, therefore you're supplying us with a car not optimal for the conditions.

It got us one of the salesman's Cooper S instead of the Polo

Feet were made to fit car pedals. If we were meant to walk, we'd have pogo sticks for legs

Banned
    Car
    F56 Cooper S
    Interesting points. I'll give JC a go, sure they'll be top notch *fingers crossed* ...if no I might just try Grassicks. Helluva trek like! But if it gets a successful fix then it's worth it!

Banned
    Car
    F56 Cooper S
    YA BLOODY DANCER!!!!

Update from the garage ...... rear shocks are being replaced as they're both leaking ...... front discs and pads are being replaced (under warranty wooooooop!!!) after they were all stripped and cleaned, turns out the discs were badly pitted on one side....... hopefully both these seen too this week but the shocks are coming from Germany. I've just to hold on to the loan car until mine is ready for collection.
    The garage is waiting to hear how to resolve the wet window/door frame rub ...... service manager thinks they problems are related and the door seals/weather strips (?) will both need to be replaced on both sides. Obviously paint work can't be repaired until a fix has been done but at least it's in hand too.

All in all, a bloody good day, I'm looking forward to getting the MINI back .... AND ENJOYING IT!!!

One half of Gobi and Sahara EcosseGP's Avatar
    Car
    F54 and F56
    See that's what happens sometimes ... After everyone slagging off dealers they come good ! Excellent news
    You only need two tools in life WD40 and Duct Tape. If it doesn't move and should use WD40 and if it moves and shouldn't use Duct Tape.

Car
    R53 heavy moded
    Always best to take things with your own experience I find
    New sig coming soon

Quote Originally Posted by MiniiGP View Post
    See that's what happens sometimes ... After everyone slagging off dealers they come good ! Excellent news
    They've not tried to paint it yet...

Feet were made to fit car pedals. If we were meant to walk, we'd have pogo sticks for legs

Banned
    Car
    F56 Cooper S
    Shocks being fitted on Wednesday!
    Still no response from BMW about the weatherstrips/doorseal/paint rub but at least JC are keeping me up to date with developments. My service manager has been checking all the other F56s within the showroom and ones coming into the service dept and he says he can't see any others with the same. I wonder if none of these have A...the same kinda mileage and B... the knackered shocks. Is it possible that the two could be related? Could the faulty shocks cause a vibration that wouldn't otherwise be there? Just a thought......

I've found a lady with EXACT same problems as me that bought her car from Douglas Park in Glasgow .... she has the rear suspension knock problems and the paint rub in the same place, so I'm going to see if JC will contact Douglas Park and discuss. Interesting that hers is also Volcanic Orange. Is solid paint slightly softer than metallic? I reckon it possibly is?

According to JC, BMW are unaware of any of these problems. Well I dinna work for BMW and I'm finding plenty!!

One half of Gobi and Sahara EcosseGP's Avatar
    Car
    F54 and F56
    ^^ I was going to say Donna there are plenty more with exactly the same issues as you both suspension and paint issues. They aren't on here but can be found on the MINI Owners Group. I'm sure there was a list of folk with the same issues as you ....
    You only need two tools in life WD40 and Duct Tape. If it doesn't move and should use WD40 and if it moves and shouldn't use Duct Tape.