First warranty trip :(

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Want More BHP!
    Car
    R55 Clubman JCW
    Any updates?

I was up in Cove for the dentist, so did a quick fly-by, but no sign of your car. Plenty MCS up there, so they should be able to get you out in one of them hopefully.

Aye I've got 16s, 15s for winter, I believe the suspension might be softer, and I added variable damping so not a direct comparison.

Banned
    Car
    F56 Cooper S
    No word yet.....this makes me hopeful. Either BMW have given them something to check out or they've been out again and found the problem. If BMW came up with nothing and they can't find anything surely they would have let me know? Perhaps I'm just getting my hopes up! Perhaps my MINI was in the workshop, up on ramps!!!
    If I don't hear anything by 1630 I'll be off home and I winna be coming back into town to collect it, it'll wait until tomorrow.
    I'll let you know if I hear anything before that, I'm getting anxious now.......

Banned
    Car
    F56 Cooper S
    Update...... got the car back last night. Nothing repaired yet.

Dealer has been advised by BMW to get "a tool" to access something about the "suspension". Now I don't know if the service guy that phoned me didn't know what he was speaking about or assumed I wouldn't since I was a woman, so that's all the details I have. The dealer obviously haven't done anything of this sort to an F56 before if only now they have to get a bit in.

I'm pleased BMW have given them something to investigate though. Just have to book the car in again once the part arrives for them to do the job.

The service guy agrees that it's a good idea to take the tech out myself (I know exactly the road it clatters on ....Market street up past the Harbour) and it might also be an idea to take the demonstrator out so we can compare.

Want More BHP!
    Car
    R55 Clubman JCW
    Curious.... would have thought there'd be plenty tools up there.

Did you not manage to swing a deal on the GP2 then?

Banned
    Car
    F56 Cooper S
    Righty ho .... car's booked in for Monday since the chassis ears have arrived. So hacked off with other niggles that I've rattled off the full bifta for them to get sorted....

1. Suspension - still suspect this won't be found, let alone repaired.
    2. Wet window seals - leaving the windows smeared and the dry to a fog and a 'dicht' with a demisting chamois pad makes it worse
    3. Scraping brakes - I suspect I'll have to pay for the cleaning of these
    4 (The straw that broke the camels back) the paint completely worn off the quarter panel due to the seal on the door. Down to the undercoat. The passenger door is scuffed, heading the same way but considering it's only opened/closed about 4 times a week rather than the driver's four times a day it'll be a while before it's right through. I can't imagine a fix other than a respray and check the door's hanging right but it'll just keep happening.
    5. Missing bolts holding on the rear bumper - I wonder if they've had it off the other week
    6. Missing bolts/washers holding on the exhaust heat shield on the passenger side. It's potentially hitting the suspension so I wonder IF that could be my knock and the noise is just travelling.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2015-02-08 16.19.09.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	100.8 KB 
ID:	5607 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2015-02-09 16.38.46.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	89.2 KB 
ID:	5606

If it's going to JCs bodyshop expect to go back a further nine times. We had a similar issue on the Clubby's back doors and they never fully fixed it - paint runs, still rubbing etc

Feet were made to fit car pedals. If we were meant to walk, we'd have pogo sticks for legs

Banned
    Car
    F56 Cooper S
    Oh jeez...cheers for the vote of confidence :(

I don't like to be the bringer of bad news but I detest the place and I will never spend any £££ there again. Top management didn't care about the problems either, their workmanship and attitude stinks. Have heard of other people having similar problems also.

We actually had to sell the car as they couldn't fix it to a decent standard. Going to the bodyshop every 3 weeks was getting tiring

Feet were made to fit car pedals. If we were meant to walk, we'd have pogo sticks for legs

Banned
    Car
    F56 Cooper S
    So who do you use locally for repairs/servicing? I've got TLC for 3 years so guess that's me tied in for servicing at least. I know 3 out of 4 is warranty and I thought fook it get the brakes seen too as well. If I had a choice (recommendation) I would go elsewhere.

I don't buy new cars as I don't like depreciation, so warranty isn't something that concerns me. The BMWs we have go to AW Autotech for their yearly service, with a local garage in the village doing intermediate oil changes.

The Mini goes to a friend's garage in Peterhead, which is a bit of a faff and I don't put any of the other cars there regularly due to the distance, but I can leave the Mini there for a fortnight and cycle back so it's not a huge issue.

Obviously with TLC/warranty you can't do what I do; but if I was in your shoes I'd book a service at a central belt dealer for a Saturday and enjoy a weekend away - anything to avoid JCs