Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Banned
    Car
    F56 Cooper S
    I'll have a nosey at lunchtime, thanks!

Want More BHP!
    Car
    R55 Clubman JCW
    Fingers crossed they find something Donna, I can honestly day I've not had any funny noises from the back so hopefully it's not 'something they do'.

Banned
    Car
    F56 Cooper S
    Very fruity exhaust from the 1.5 Cooper loaner Mike! Not as raspy as the S. Nice all the same.

Want More BHP!
    Car
    R55 Clubman JCW
    Quote Originally Posted by donnaj1dlh View Post
    Very fruity exhaust from the 1.5 Cooper loaner Mike! Not as raspy as the S. Nice all the same.
    It's all good.... is the loaner VO, or some substandard colour?

Banned
    Car
    F56 Cooper S
    Pepper white .... pepper white everywhere!!! But at least it doesn't say JC all over it. I'm going to regret having it tomorrow if the Weather warning for snow is right ...when mine is all snuggled up in a dealer with it's wintergrips!!! Maybe a landy day if it's like that!
    No word from JC yet, hopefully I'll hear something positive tomorrow.

Banned
    Car
    F56 Cooper S
    Just heard from the dealer.....surprise surprise they can't replicate the problem.....is their technician deaf???

By all accounts they've done what I've already done.....tyre pressures, torqued wheel nuts (and a few suspension nuts) and can't find anything amiss. They've sent BMW a PUMA (?) report and waiting to hear back tomorrow. I'm not at all hopeful. But I looked at that website that you suggested Mon and there are people in the states that have replaced the anti roll bar rubbers on the back.

See what tomorrow says, I'm going to look a right idiot. But can I live with that noise now that I'm constantly aware of it? It's embarassing, a new car should do that. Even my OH says it's nae right :(

I'm tempted to suggest I take out technician to highlight the issue. It's times like this I hate being a woman.......

Car
    X3 M competition,F56 GP ,F54 JCW white silver edtionTrafic Formula Edition
    PUMA reports do work,they can then see if there is a bigger problem that an individual dealer can't solve,one other thing to do is go out with the Tec in the car and let him or her hear your particular noise and show them when it happens.
    The cars in front are New MINI Scotland

Banned
    Car
    F56 Cooper S
    I'll suggest that Badwolf. Other thing the OH has suggested is to ask to take the demo MCS out so that the tech/me can compare the two - that way we can see if it's 'a thing they do'......

I bet they hate folk like me!

Want More BHP!
    Car
    R55 Clubman JCW
    That sounds like a good idea from your other half. You're welcome to take mine out for a spin for comparison if that would help.

You might be old enough to remember the vw ad, you don't wear noisy earrings by any chance?

Joking aside, good luck with this, hope you got in ok today, we had a covering of the white stuff but not too slippy.

Banned
    Car
    F56 Cooper S
    That's it Mike!!! All my diamonds clanking away.... pfffft if only!!

No snow round Udny way today, a bit slippy though.

Many thanks for the offer...... but you really dinna want me to rag your pride and joy! Seriously though, what we need ideally is an MCS with 17" wheels, so it can be a direct comparison. Your coop has 16s hasn't it? Is the suspension in the Coop the same as the S? Is it softer? I know a decent amount for a laydee but that's a wee bit beyond me. I even saw a video on youtube this morning showing the replacement of the bushes on the same wheel on a MINI....jeez I could do even do it!!! For the sake of a coupe of quids worth of parts I would have thought the dealer might have just changed the bush anyway, it's not even a half hour job to them.

Steve said he could easily take the seats out, check the suspension etc but it's not his job when the cars under warranty. I see his point. I'm new to this marque so I don't know what sounds are normal or not. I don't know anyone with a MCS so I can ask....and there's not much out there on the interweb about F56 problems yet. BMW might not have had a similar issue so compare against but there's always a first. If more problems come in reporting the same would they come back to me and suggest a fix in months to come? I doubt it......