JCW S GP1499 & R59 JCW
    Quote Originally Posted by gauldrymini View Post
    ...well its bounty work
    LMAO

...to Infinity and beyond !!!

Pantomime Villain & Car Plan Ambassador Crombers's Avatar
    Car
    R50 Cooper & F55 SD
    Thanks to Craig's knowledge (& some other historical dude called MarkyC) I've had the same canister of Bartons for years now. A few glass jars have also been passed onto friends over the period when they enquired what product (me, product lol) I was using.

Best bit about Bartons as Craig has alluded to is that it is a doddle to apply

R50 Cooper ..... Mini Plant Oxford

19 years of MINIfascination

One half of Gobi and Sahara EcosseGP's Avatar
    Car
    F54 and F56
    Pete like the big fella says I'm a sucker of clean tyres too and think that to get the best finish and the product to last any length of time the tyres need to be clean first. I'd try a couple of the under noted if you fancy giving them a try they've served me well over the years and whilst I do like using AF Revive it is more accustomed to sorting trim rather than being a tyre dressing ...
    Autoglym Instant Tyre Dressing - a good all round performer and readily available. Gives a good gloss shine which will last but it seems to be dependant on the make of tyre. I've found that Bridgestone seem to accept the dressing better than other rubber and it even comes up well without needing to reapply it after a wash. Will go streaky though after heavy rain.
    Autosmart Highstyle - another good performer with that spray on and leave action. Very cheap to buy but only available in bulk quality and usually to trade. Not very durable in wet conditions but it's that cheap that you can just re-apply on a regular basis. Only issue I've found is it seems to get your sponge very dirty when you wash the tyres down.
    Mad Cow Tyre Dressing - comes in a beer style bottle and is applied with a sponge or brush. Goes on well but doesn't seem to last very long. Has the best of both worlds in the fact that you build up layers to get the effect you wish but you have to let each coat dry before applying the next. A single coat for a matte finish and more dressing for a glossier finish. Does seem to turn the tyres brown though over time if not cleaned off and re-applied over time.
    Auto Finesse gloss tyre dressing - A more expensive tyre dressing that does what it says on the label and gives a great gloss finish. It lasts very well and doesn't seem to run in the wetter weather so I tend to use it as a "treat" rather than an everyday dressing.
    Autosmart Tyre Dandy - this is a tyre foam which you simply spare around the tyre and walk away. It's by the far the fastest way to dress your tyres and once the foam dies away it leaves a great finish. It's lacks durability and any sort of water sees the tyres looking a little streaky. It's claimed to be waterproof but I've never found that to be the case.
    Hope this helps you all with some food for thought. I've got plenty more in the garage if you're looking for anything else .. (Dodo Juice Tyromania is like a wax and having only used it a couple of times I'd be hard pushed to give a full review on it. Pneu for Swissol, MINI tyre dressing, etc)
    You only need two tools in life WD40 and Duct Tape. If it doesn't move and should use WD40 and if it moves and shouldn't use Duct Tape.