F56 JCW - More Details and Pictures

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast
    watching me, watching you gauldrymini's Avatar
    Car
    TBA
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    So is that the second order From NMS then? :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ...the plot thickens

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Coop1 View Post
    Cant complain about deal offered at Eastern. Good dealer. 4th from there. They know am in the forum so maybe NMS cuts some ice!
    Good choice
    Deposit paid ... something new this way comes!

Car
    2018 Cooper S Works 210
    Well I've had my test drive...

I went in expecting it to be nice but nowhere near as good as the R56 JCW just like the F56 S but a tiny bit quicker.

Looks wise I've liked the look of the F56 since launch and the JCW doesn't disappoint well apart from the wheels and the side skirts which don't do anything for the car.

I started the car up and was impressed with the exhaust note it was actually very pleasant and I knew it was going to be nothing like the S but I knew I could still be disappointed with the drive.

Off we went and immediately the car was a lively little thing it was ready to go have some fun. Around town I couldn't help but think I was really going to enjoy the drive and I did, as soon as I got to the NSL signs I floored it and before I know it I'm at 70 MPH the torque and power are gobsmacking I couldn't understand how it could be so much of an improvement over the S.

It felt spot on it handled being thrown about rather well and was ready to go whenever you wanted it to, but the thing that impressed me most of all was that automatic gearbox it's lightning quick and feels nothing like the autos I had driven previously it's definitely the box I'd have. The little groan you get when you change up also encourages you to floor it.

So... it can't all be good here are the things that disappointed me. They could have made it more unique, feel more and look more special, I won't be speccing Chili Pack because I'm not a huge fan of the 18" wheels and could live without red bits on the seats. It need nicer side skirts like the R56 JCW and last but not least it either doesn't pop loud enough or the soundproofing is better, either way I'd have to test it again with a JCW pro bi-modal exhaust.

Will I be ordering? yes without a doubt but I'm not sure when because I really can't decide on a colour just yet lol although the Rebel Green was nice it just wasn't exciting enough for me.

Car
    X3 M competition,F56 GP ,F54 JCW white silver edtionTrafic Formula Edition
    Think you are spot on with the chilli pack ,just not needed or worth it,better things to spend the money on
    The cars in front are New MINI Scotland

Car
    R56 JCW Hatch, R60 JCW Countryman ALL4
    Eddie, out of interest, have you driven any other automatic JCW MINI's?

R60 Light White / Red Countryman All 4 John Cooper Works Auto
    R57 Chili Red Convertible John Cooper Works Auto

Car
    2018 Cooper S Works 210
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyP & Lenore View Post
    Eddie, out of interest, have you driven any other automatic JCW MINI's?
    No unfortunately not but I have driven other BMWs with auto boxes if that'll help at all

Car
    R56 JCW Hatch, R60 JCW Countryman ALL4
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie_JCW View Post
    No unfortunately not but I have driven other BMWs with auto boxes if that'll help at all
    ok. As soon as Lenore is feeling better we need to get out and test drive one of these puppies. Our experience of the auto box in all MINI's from the R53 Cooper S up to the R56 JCW is that it is excellent. Really interested to see what MINI have done with this box that sets it out from the crowd.

R60 Light White / Red Countryman All 4 John Cooper Works Auto
    R57 Chili Red Convertible John Cooper Works Auto

Agree with Andy on this. Think the auto box on the R56 is an excellent box, so it will be interesting to see just how different the F56 box is.

Car
    R53 heavy moded
    The box is a joy to drive with !! I drive a few auto's and have to say this is up there with the Audi DSG box !!
    New sig coming soon

I've got the Audi DSG on the A3 and in sport mode the changes are pretty rapid.

Car
    F56 JCW GP, R55 Clubvan
    i have to agree with this that the autobox in the JCW is phenomenal
    Racing Grey F56 JCW GP 0370 - Chilli Red Mirror Caps, Custom OHC Alcantara Steering Wheel, Motech Performance By PiperCross Panel Filter, Custom GP Steering Wheel Spoke, Custom GP Stitched Carbon Side Scuttles, JCW Pro Mats, RSI C6 Carbonfibre Scoop, JCW Pro Stitched Carbon Boot Handle

Ice Blue R55 Clubvan - JCW Shiftlight, JCW Carbon Fibe Handbrake, JCW Carbon Fibre Dash, JCW Steering Wheel, Recaro JCW Sportster CS, CoolerWorx ShortShifter, BC Racing Coilovers, JCW Brembo 4pots, HEL Braided Lines, JCW Front Bumper, MINI Challenge Splitter, White Rota Blitz