Cooper D MPG

Hi folks,

Just wondering what sort of MPG I should get out my R56, I have the comp set to average and it's going from 50.5mpg to 67.9mpg confusing as hell for me,!

I can't get nothing steady and I drive the same speed on the same road daily.

Any help would be great, here's and image on my best.

Thanks
    Billy

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418155621.306232.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	16.1 KB 
ID:	5489

First of all, don't trust the computer. If you want to know, work it out the old-fashioned way of fuel put in, to mileage done.

But I would say 60+ was decent and in the ballpark

Feet were made to fit car pedals. If we were meant to walk, we'd have pogo sticks for legs

ours is averaging about 57; wife has commented its far better than the gold tdi we've just upgraded from

Quote Originally Posted by Mon the fish View Post
    First of all, don't trust the computer. If you want to know, work it out the old-fashioned way of fuel put in, to mileage done.

But I would say 60+ was decent and in the ballpark
    Thanks looks like I best fill its up and see what I get over a full tank over a week and like you said work it out

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybermenace View Post
    Thanks looks like I best fill its up and see what I get over a full tank over a week and like you said work it out

There are other things like coasting to traffic lights and going round corners to take into consideration, not saying you do it, but, your way of driving will be different to others and that impacts the fuel used.
    In any case, you'll get a far better handle on your mpg using the fill tank and check mileage method

The faster you take roundabouts saves you fuel, as you don't have to accelerate as much when you leave them :)

Feet were made to fit car pedals. If we were meant to walk, we'd have pogo sticks for legs

Car
    2018 Cooper S Works 210
    I'm not sure on the Cooper D but my 320d had to sort of recalibrate itself after having the battery disconnected and you'd get ridiculously high readings.

As gismo has said a lot of things can affect it even down to the wind direction and what you have in your car.

My road I travel is 22 miles long and 2 round abouts and I am cruise control 95% of the way