Mini Cooper r56 stalling

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Car
    2018 Cooper S Works 210
    No problem :) , it's a strange one. I noticed your car is an 07 which means it's unlikely to have it because I'm sure it wasn't on them until August 07 builds. I'm hoping it's an easy fix, do you have any warning lights on?

Car
    Mini Cooper S r53
    Yeh I think mines was a June/July build if memory serves me. It's bizarre, and no there's no warning lights on which is why I'm even more clueless "/ where could I take it to get checked? X

One half of Gobi and Sahara EcosseGP's Avatar
    Car
    F54 and F56
    I don't want to put a downer on the wee car but sounds like something isn't right. I'm not really up to speed with the R56 car so I'm going to struggle to help. However to me it sounds like a engine issue rather than a start / stop issue. Have you checked the oil level in the car ?
    You only need two tools in life WD40 and Duct Tape. If it doesn't move and should use WD40 and if it moves and shouldn't use Duct Tape.

Car
    Mini Cooper S r53
    Just phoned my dad, like you he's also said he doesn't think it's the start stop but more of an engine issue. He's asked about how it is idle etc and if il take it out for a run to see what it does just now. Really worried now as I only bought her on Friday night :( but I know iv got a 30day warranty with the car. It's just bizarre coz to not like it happens 24/7. I'm going to take her out just now and see how it goes. Really worried now though "/ x

Car
    X3 M competition,F56 GP ,F54 JCW white silver edtionTrafic Formula Edition
    By the sounds of it ,your car does not have start/stop ,it did become standard in 2007 ,and as you have said there are no buttons in front of the gear lever ,yours must have missed it.Any warning lights or shuddering from the car,when it cuts out does it start normally and right away ,would be handy if you could get access to a OBD2 reader to see if there are any stored codes which may give you a clue.
    The cars in front are New MINI Scotland

Car
    Mini Cooper S r53
    Na it's just the standard start stop engine button, nothing else fitted as far as I can see. When it cuts out and I push the clutch nothing happens so ur right it's not got the fancy start stop. There's no warning lights on at all. Sometimes it shudders but it's that shudder you get when ur in too high a gear for the speed ur doing (if that makes any sense). Really stumped by this "/ x

If you need , I recently purchased an obd reader , give me a shout if you'd like to meet to see what codes your car has.

Car
    Mini Cooper S r53
    If u could help me David that would be awesome! I'm really struggling to figure this one out :( x

I'm passing through West Lothian and Fife tmrw if that helps, can bring a OBDII reader if needed

Feet were made to fit car pedals. If we were meant to walk, we'd have pogo sticks for legs

Car
    Mini Cooper S r53
    I work tomorrow "/ would depend on what time ur passing x