Mini Cooper r56 stalling

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    Car
    Mini Cooper S r53
    Hi guys, me (again) :)

My new to me Mini Cooper is stalling :( it's not me as my foot is firmly on the clutch when changing gear, and it's only happening when I brake to stop or slow down at a roundabout for example or I'm turning at a junction. Wtf is going on :( is it me being a tube or something the cars built to do. Have seen loads about this on american forums saying it's to do with the fuel they're all using. I assumed it was something to do with the start stop button. But the different fuel surely can't be the problem "/ I only bought the car last Friday 😭 I have 30day warranty on the purchase but if it's a quick/cheap fix I'd rather sort it out myself if possible instead of driving it back to where I got it. Any help would be much appreciated :) x

Car
    2018 Cooper S Works 210
    does it start again when you press in the clutch? it sounds like the auto start/stop feature :)

Car
    Mini Cooper S r53
    Na, I thought that's what it was when it first did it. But it doesn't do it all the time, it only does it randomly maybe an hour or two a day? Is there anyway for me to turn that off, just to rule it out? When I press the clutch again it doesn't start, I have to press the start stop button to get the engine to turn over "/ x

Car
    2018 Cooper S Works 210
    Behind the cup holders and in front of the gear stick do you have a button with an A and an arrow going in a circle?

Car
    Mini Cooper S r53
    Il go check :) two secs.x

Car
    Mini Cooper S r53
    Nope, no button behind there. Only thing down there is my wee hidden aux point and fag lighter "/ I'm stumped! X

Car
    2018 Cooper S Works 210
    No buttons? I'd have thought there would've been at least one for the DSC, did you see the 3 little caps where buttons could go?

Car
    2018 Cooper S Works 210
    Someone who knows more about the R56's should be along shortly I'm just going on where everything is on my car but it may be in a different place

Car
    Mini Cooper S r53
    Yeh three little caps are there, but no buttons. Iv got the usual "start stop engine" button up next to my steering wheel, and when I get anywhere close to slowing down it's like the car just stops dead. When I press the clutch it does nothing, I have to press the start button again to get the car to tick over. Iv got a 2007 r56 chili with the standard start stop button, so I didn't think it was the auto thing but I'm clueless so I could be totally wrong "/ x

Car
    Mini Cooper S r53
    Thanks though :)