Vanos sensor issue. Ongoing.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    One half of Gobi and Sahara EcosseGP's Avatar
    Car
    F54 and F56
    Having had a look at the engine diagram they seem pretty easy to get at .. One at the front of the engine and one at the rear but that's not saying they'll be easy to get at in reality :(
    You only need two tools in life WD40 and Duct Tape. If it doesn't move and should use WD40 and if it moves and shouldn't use Duct Tape.

Single-handedly bankrupting eBay Ferengo's Avatar
    Car
    F56 JCW Cooper S
    Hi MiniGP.

No idea of the fault codes. Not in a position to read them either. Just trying to figure out of the price is about right and if there's anyway it could be done cheaper. The reason being my Audi has issues with it's paint. So with that it's either fix the paint or new car. Along with 400-500 on the Mini it's a lot to payout in one month.

Surely there's someone near you with a code reader, i.e. Torque or Scangauge?

Feet were made to fit car pedals. If we were meant to walk, we'd have pogo sticks for legs

Car
    F56 JCW Cooper S
    totally. The guys at my garage have read it and said the vanos sensor needs replacing. They never told me what the code was though. Suppose I could call them but I'll be in there potentially looking to replace my Audi with something on their forecourt.

Car
    F56 MINI COOPER S Thunder grey
    i work in a garage so there was no cost for labourthe solenoid was easy to get to its held on with one bolt
    we renewed the front one which was the exhausy
    they retail at 62.94 but with trade i only paid 56.00
    the fault codes on my car were 2842 vanos exhaust activation 283D vanos adaptation stop

F56 MINI Cooper S, thunder grey, john cooper works body kit colour coded jcw pro front splitters Maxton design roof spoiler extensions, JCW rear bumper diffuser, wheel arches side skirts, fuel cap, heads up display, black door handles headlamp and tail light trims, ac schnitzer front splitter maxton design side skirt extensions, ultra racing strut brace

I was meaning someone on here, just to confirm what codes are showing

Feet were made to fit car pedals. If we were meant to walk, we'd have pogo sticks for legs

Car
    F56 JCW Cooper S
    Quote Originally Posted by Mon the fish View Post
    I was meaning someone on here, just to confirm what codes are showing
    Gotcha, lol

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JOHN MILNE View Post
    i work in a garage so there was no cost for labourthe solenoid was easy to get to its held on with one bolt
    the fault codes on my car were 2842 vanos exhaust activation 283D vanos adaptation stop
    Thanks man.

One half of Gobi and Sahara EcosseGP's Avatar
    Car
    F54 and F56
    Quote Originally Posted by JOHN MILNE View Post
    Excellent John thank you.
    I would say £400-£500 is excessive for the bill given Johns information :(
    You only need two tools in life WD40 and Duct Tape. If it doesn't move and should use WD40 and if it moves and shouldn't use Duct Tape.

Car
    F56 MINI COOPER S Thunder grey
    I think we took old solenoid out put new one in less than ten minutes

F56 MINI Cooper S, thunder grey, john cooper works body kit colour coded jcw pro front splitters Maxton design roof spoiler extensions, JCW rear bumper diffuser, wheel arches side skirts, fuel cap, heads up display, black door handles headlamp and tail light trims, ac schnitzer front splitter maxton design side skirt extensions, ultra racing strut brace

Car
    F56 JCW Cooper S
    This worries me a little as I actually trust this garage. Might ask them when I go back in exactly what's making it cost so much. Then I'll report back. Might not be for a few days though.