MCS Detail

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Under Investigation
    Car
    JCW Clubbie :)
    Hi Guys,

Been a long time since I have posted or really been on the site as I have been very busy with work! My MINI has suffered with minimal care because of this.. so I decided to take a week to pamper my own car!

So on with the Detail..

Some before shots

The CAI was removed to be cleaned with the K&N Filter cleaner. The intake pipe was covered to prevent water breaching the engine.

We would usually start with the wheels but as they were going to be removed at a later stage we left it until then. So to start heavily soiled intricate areas were cleansed with a variety of brushes and APC

Snow foam pre-wash with AutoFinesse Avalanche to remove and soften as much dirt as possible. Less soiled intricate areas were agitated with a soft brush.

The car was then washed via the two bucket method.

The plastic trims were scrubbed with stiffer brush and a stronger APC solution to remove dirt and previous dressings.

Remaining bonded contaminants (road tar, tree sap, iron deposits) were light as the paintwork has always been protected. So CarPro Trix was used as a one step chemical decontamination. Some more stubborn tree sap was tackled locally with a clay bar.

After a final rinse the car was pulled inside and dried with a combination of plush towels and warmed air. Certain trims were removed to give better access during the paint correction process.

Under Investigation
    Car
    The paint was the wiped down with panel wipe to remove any oils or filler and reveal the true paint condition.

On inspection some general wash marring and some more severe chemical etching was identified.

Paint depth readings were taken. MINI use a unique process to paint the cars using a technique similar to powder coating. so low readings were expected.

Not many pictures during the paint correction process due to me being in the zone!

Some deeper scratches in the rear bumper were given more attention. Not fully removed but vastly reduced.

Last edited by Bryce; 29th September 2014 at 10:38 AM.

Under Investigation
    Car
    Paint work protection came from CarPro C.quartz UK edition. Wheels and trim protection from CarPro DLUX, both capable of 24+ months durability.

Glass was protected with Nanolex Ultra Glass Sealant. Engine bay was dressed with Dressle. Sidelights were also swapped out for LED bulbs for a crisper white light.

All trim was returned and a final wipe down with CarPro Reload, these were the results...

Some snaps from a car show we attended after.. excuse the bug splatter!

Thanks for reading
    Last edited by Bryce; 29th September 2014 at 10:50 AM.

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    Nice one, how long did your process take

Under Investigation
    Car
    40 hours over 4 days

One half of Gobi and Sahara EcosseGP's Avatar
    Car
    F54 and F56
    That show at Torwood garden centre ?
    Clearly a Falkirk bairn :)
    Car looks fantastic
    Where do you work from ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    You only need two tools in life WD40 and Duct Tape. If it doesn't move and should use WD40 and if it moves and shouldn't use Duct Tape.

Under Investigation
    Car
    Yeah it was the GT Scotland breakfast, some pretty awesome cars on show!

I'm based just behind Skidz. Although I'm not entirely sure on the forum rules on discussing this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One half of Gobi and Sahara EcosseGP's Avatar
    Car
    F54 and F56
    How often do they hold that breakfast ? Never heard of it before ...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    You only need two tools in life WD40 and Duct Tape. If it doesn't move and should use WD40 and if it moves and shouldn't use Duct Tape.

Under Investigation
    Car
    Regularly (more so during show season) but the location changes all over Scotland. Follow them on Facebook to see where they are next!

Car
    World’s highest powered r53 m45 460bhp 460wtq
    Bryce. U near big Neil's

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk