210bhp Works Kit

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Julz
    I've got the Alta upgrade and I thinks BS' are the AP's, standard would do as they're no bad, depending on your styleeee of driving, I felt a little more comfortable getting some bigger anchors. BBR only upgraded their brakes when they went for the monster upgrade!!:clown:

quote:Originally posted by Nick

Is this EVO article online??
    You can get it here -

EVO Article

Right click on the link above and select SAVE AS

Nick
    what a bast***d i cant get link to work!

anybody else having success??

Nick
    ni its not my link, if you right click on it and chose SAVE AS you can save it. I was trying to click link and it was failing...got it now though!

Car
    Mini Cooper
    Now, Now children! 200, 210, 220 bhp - the difference is so small you would hardly notice it.

Car
    Mini Cooper
    quote:Originally posted by Julz
    it is forbidden to take a supercharged car onto a rolling road!!
    Who told you that?
    A rolling road is the only way to properly set up a modified car.
    Fiona's car has been roaded and seen lots of Ss in the mags putting out more than standard BMW figures.
    You do need a big fan & cool day to ensure enough air gets into the supercharger.

Paultuk
    Talking about M3's against Mini's.

I used to have an E46 M3, One day whilst in a rush i was travelling down a motorway (race track) doing 140ish and a mini flashed me telling me to move out of the way!!! No idea what model it was? I thought no thank you!!!! So i flicked my paddle shift to 4th and went. I kept going to 170MPH!!! i ran out of road then he caught me up with a huge grin!! It was such a cool experience. Anyway the M3 is gone now and i have My very own JCW210 Mini coming tomorrow all £28k's worth!!! They are so much more fun than the other BMW cars! and a lot cheaper to run!! I had my m3 for a year and had two sets of tires and an extra set for the back! Servicing was a nightmare too! Plus £11 per day for petrol was a bit much!!!

Anyway sorry to bore you people about the joys in my life. I reccommend the M3 to everyone but i wouldnt have one long term, too many costs involved for the amount of fun you can have!! Bikes used to pick on me all the time!

Happy motoring!

Steve74
    quote:Originally posted by Duncan Stewart

Who told you that?
    Fiona's car has been roaded and seen lots of Ss in the mags putting out more than standard BMW figures.
    You do need a big fan & cool day to ensure enough air gets into the supercharger.
    A fan's not supposed to replicate air flowing as it would have to be hell of a big fan. All the bike magazines suggest you dont do it (bike riders are big into BHP and so on) and car mags usually do too. It increases heat dramatically.

Side issue - that EVO article is pretty good - looks like I'm firming up my choices...

Steve74
    quote:Originally posted by Paultuk

Talking about M3's against Mini's.

I had my m3 for a year and had two sets of tires and an extra set for the back!
    Just keep the Minis traction control switched on. I've almost worn out my front set within 6000 miles! Welcome to NMS by the way.

quote:Originally posted by Steve74

quote:Originally posted by Duncan Stewart

Who told you that?
    A fan's not supposed to replicate air flowing as it would have to be hell of a big fan. All the bike magazines suggest you dont do it (bike riders are big into BHP and so on) and car mags usually do too. It increases heat dramatically.

Phew I'm glad my car survived.:approve:
    Cooper Coupe...