210bhp Works Kit

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    The M3 CSL was toying with you my 330 Ci is no match for my BBR in a straight line and especially the corners

Also, be wary of admitting to excessive speeds on public roads, i know in this case you were all on a race track

Nick
    quote:Originally posted by ScottieCoop

Ok here is where I enter the ring. I have a JCW with a few bits done and I think my car would give any bbr or hartage 220 bhp conversion a run for their money.
    Ok I will tag team with you!...lol

Information I have been given by Grassicks in perth BEFORE the new 210bhp kit arrived was that on occasions they were dyno testing works cars up to 214bhp. If you consider the work done by BMW in the works conversion it is easy to see that they are very conservative on their power figures.

Secondly I have read an EVO article which pitched the 210 hartge kit against a works car and the hartge was found to be slower in a straight line. But its not only about the staright line speed, its also about delivery, I have paid more for the works car because its not so much of a frantic drive. You dont have to ring its neck to be fast unlike the hartge.

You may say that you'd never sell and people love their cbbr conversions but no one keeps a car forever it would be ludicrous. Some thing newer and better always comes along and we all want a bit of it, so once again i think for resale the works kit is in pole position.

Cant understand why some people find the works so 'pants'. I have driven a standard S and been a passenger in a works s and the difference was incredible! I was not impressed by the standard car at all.

Whats all this about racing M3's and 330i's? I have had the pleasure of driving both and the M3 is in a different league to a 330 or works cooper s, no comparison. Did you race and compare the performace between the 330 and the works s Fiona??

Julz
    Fiona, I know what you mean about the added extras, as I have over £1k worth of exhaust, plus the sports cam upgrade etc..... (where do you stop!!) but I don't know what power mine is churning out as it is forbidden to take a supercharged car onto a rolling road!!

Steve, if it's instant giggle factor you require, I'm sure between BS and myself, we'll be able to show you an improvement with the BBR. When I got a test drive, I noticed the power instantly and that's what I like. Next time I see you, I'll take you out for a blast!!

As for wringing it's neck, with the BBR you only have to think about acceleration and it's there, never mind 5th and 6th, why leave 3rd, it's too much fun!!

p.s. Fiona, twitchy at 135, that's a bit worrying, what tyres are you using??:clown:

quote:

Whats all this about racing M3's and 330i's? I have had the pleasure of driving both and the M3 is in a different league to a 330 or works cooper s, no comparison. Did you race and compare the performace between the 330 and the works s Fiona??

The Works S being the best ride:approve: I was only or rather I think the other drive was only having some fun at my expense but I did'nae mind.

Anyway it's not so much the conversion it's the driver that's why women drivers are the best:blackeye:
    Cooper Coupe...

Julz
    quote:Originally posted by ScottieCoop
    Anyway it's not so much the conversion it's the driver that's why women drivers are the best:blackeye:
    Precisley!!

quote:[D]

p.s. Fiona, twitchy at 135, that's a bit worrying, what tyres are you using??:clown:
    Rubbish tyres some swedish make but when my car returns I will have a better set of feet on the car.

However I have spoken to a couple of people and they say Mini's are bad for that I was thinking of putting a sway bar and stuff on but they said it would not help so I don't know what to think. :disapprove:
    Cooper Coupe...

Julz
    Bonnie Scotland might be able to comment there as I know he's changed a few bits around the bum area, on his car that is!! I've not really had any bother at certain speeds with grip, so I can only recommend Toyo Proxes!:)

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    Twitch disappeared after adding a rear sway bar, also, the car handles much better too

Nick
    quote: Plus, did you not read the infamous Evo article??
    Is this EVO article online??

Steve74
    quote:
    Cant understand why some people find the works so 'pants'. I have driven a standard S and been a passenger in a works s and the difference was incredible! I was not impressed by the standard car at all.
    Just my opinion Nick, for £3800 I would want to notice the difference. It was very minor which was really surprising as I'd always have opted for the Works.

I'll take you up on the BBR show Julz - I'm def. heading that way as Oxford isn't too far from where I'm working right now and BBR seems like a very reasonable price for quite a lot of grunt. Would you recommend AP brakes and other suspension or do you think the stock ones are good enough kit?