210bhp Works Kit

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    GAJ
    I weigh just over 12! The weight was in the passenger side! Remember who it was who had to get their seat rebuilt or reinforced or whatever!:clown:

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    The BBR 240 is just that wee bit much better enough to lose any JCW :blackeye:

Steve74
    Ok, here is the feedback...

The car I got to test was a run-in 200bhp JCW, with hardly any extras so pretty light.

I test drove the car with one of the service advisors, really nice bloke and he said just go for it.

So initially the car has a little more grunt from low revs but where you most notice it is in fifth and sixth.

But NOT £3800 worth! Maybe it was just this car but I was really disappointed with the test drive. I really got to boot the car but I didn't notice much difference between my own car when I got back in (with lots of heavy kit) and this 200bhp model. Sure 6th was a bit better but maybe only 10%.

I think the 210bhp kit must be a lot better so I would be sure it will be much better Nick but this car was just pants.

I'm going to have to go down the BBR route now, maybe 220 or 240, possibly even the AMD route. But with the spare change I can get brakes and suspension so will most likely avoid the BMW route.

This has been a really big surprise and it felt a bit like the Stepford Wives when the other staff at Dunedin kept on asking me "did you notice the difference". I felt like the only one who didn't get it. No disrespect to anyone who has bought the JCW, it's just not for me.

That's the thing though when you have a JCW kit with a stated bhp 200 or 210 that is not what you are getting it's actually only anything between 185 - 193 bhp you'll not know until you put it on a rolling road.

However I still stand my challenge for the bbr boys or girls.
    Cooper Coupe...

Ok what do you think would win in a straight line between a BMW 330 csl M3 cabrio and a Cooper S Works with a wee bit extra. On the M6 leaving the pay point.
    Cooper Coupe...

Steve74
    quote:Originally posted by ScottieCoop

Ok what do you think would win in a straight line between a BMW 330 csl M3 cabrio and a Cooper S Works with a wee bit extra. On the M6 leaving the pay point.
    I would think the E46 M3 Cab (top up) to 80mph ish then the 330 (better aerodymanics) then the MCS. the 6 cyl BMW's are just so fast!

If the MCS had Nitrous....

Steve74
    quote:Originally posted by GAJ

I was behind Nenah as she booted hers on Sunday and I felt like I was dragging anchors, even with my lead boots on! Very impressive! My car did have 30 odd stone of Leithers in it though, and a piddling 115bhp!:(
    You did keep up on the motorway no bother though...

GAJ
    Well most cars manage a steady 70 mph these days!

quote:

I would think the E46 M3 Cab (top up) to 80mph ish then the 330 (better aerodymanics) then the MCS. the 6 cyl BMW's are just so fast!

The thing is he stayed in front:disapprove: but never pulled away I eventually slowed when we reached 135 (road Angel) speed the back of the car was to twitchy.

I would have thought he would have left me standing. I think maybe he was playing with me.
    Cooper Coupe...

Steve74
    quote:Originally posted by ScottieCoop

quote:

The thing is he stayed in front:disapprove: but never pulled away I eventually slowed when we reached 135 (road Angel) speed the back of the car was to twitchy.

I would have thought he would have left me standing. I think maybe he was playing with me.
    That's when you press the nitrous button...