210bhp Works Kit

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Steve74
    That's it, I've just booked a test drive of the new MCS Works kit - the 210bhp one. After Julz' run yesterday and watching Nenah zoom off I decided that 163bhp isnt enough! Will report back on what it's like (hopefully I get to floor it!).

Nick
    i pick my very own 210bhp works s on Sunday hopefully!

I'll certainly be flooring mine...

Julz
    quote:Originally posted by Steve74

hopefully I get to floor it!
    Well, with the works you'll have to wait first cause the engine supposedly requires to be run in again!! You'd be a damn site cheaper and faster going to BBR for their 220bhp conversion, I'm sure Nenah and BS will back me up on this one!!

Nick
    cheaper yes, but what about warranty issues, good thing about the 'works' kit is that it is serviced as normal and doesnt void TLC.

Secondly when it comes to resale, a works car is far more desirable.

Thirdly, anybody ever compared a works car against a BBR car in a straight line?.....im not convinced that there is a performace advantage with BBR's 220 over the works.

Wul
    oooh now theres a challenge if i ever saw one!

Nick
    meant to say earlier,,,one thing that is good about the latest mini's is that they are now using a revamped gtrag gearbox. Shorter 3rd and 4th gear ratios for improved accelaeration..

Julz
    quote:Originally posted by Nick

cheaper yes, but what about warranty issues, good thing about the 'works' kit is that it is serviced as normal and doesnt void TLC.

Secondly when it comes to resale, a works car is far more desirable.

Thirdly, anybody ever compared a works car against a BBR car in a straight line?.....im not convinced that there is a performace advantage with BBR's 220 over the works.
    ok, here we go......

I've had the BBR fitted for a year now and have been back to JC's in Dundee for a few bits under warranty and my intermediate 1 service.. no probs there!!

Against a JCW in a straight line, wave bye bye (honestly, that eejit'll no be trying that again!!:clown:)... When I had my car in at Grassicks following my safe mode incident, the mechanic came back after 'testing' the car with a big cheesy grin on his face saying it was the most impressive mini he'd ever driven, and they fit JCW and Hartge. Plus, did you not read the infamous Evo article??

As for resale, wouldn't know, the only BBR I've heard of being sold was the one Nenah has now and apparently the guy was almost in tears, basically, folks with a BBR love their baby to much to sell!! (Alan, you keep quiet now!!)

GAJ
    I was behind Nenah as she booted hers on Sunday and I felt like I was dragging anchors, even with my lead boots on! Very impressive! My car did have 30 odd stone of Leithers in it though, and a piddling 115bhp!:(

Ok here is where I enter the ring. I have a JCW with a few bits done and I think my car would give any bbr or hartage 220 bhp conversion a run for their money.

So I think the answer is we have to have a contest but what could the prize to the winner be.
    Cooper Coupe...

macblob
    Aye I can certainly say that the BBR left us for dead Gaj.

BTW since when did you weigh 18 stone? lol