Wee Quiz

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    3GGG
    quote:Originally posted by GAJ

quote:Originally posted by Willie M

Is it what you would yell to yourself when you find you've gone into a corner way tooooo.... fast?
    'Oh Sh*t!!.... Holy f**k!!' :clown:
    I'm sure I heard such language coming from Gaj's car yesterday when he was following me into some of the bends :)
    I was just worried in case I ran up the back of you!
    Someone call a moderator - this language is terrible.

3GGG
    quote:Originally posted by Duncan Stewart

Off Side Headlight Flasher? ooh eeer missus
    Getting closer :approve:

GAJ
    Off, Sidelight, Headlight, Foglight?

3GGG

Correct - the Jaguar MK1/2 (and XKxxx series), which WeeFossy was referring to in another thread, had a rotary switch on the dashboard with an escutcheon plate engraved with OSHF on it, which as you have worked out meant Off, Side, Head, Fog lights.

Dip switch was on the floor to the left of the clutch as was common before putting them on stalks. This led to some hurried foot movements when changing down and trying to dip lights when you met a car at a corner.

Starter push button was also on the dash with a separate keyswitch for the ignition, again not mounted on the steering column as no column lock then.

I recall the 997 Cooper had a floor start button and we had one alarming incident when the exhaust bracket broke and the pipe shorted out the starter button while the car was running.

My other memory of the Jaguar was that on the rear bumper it had a red warning triangle with "DISC BRAKES" on it, just for the benefit of those whose drum brakes couldn't stop in time:blackeye:

Cars have so many safety features now compared to those days of no seatbelts, bench seats in the front, cross-ply tyres....

GAJ
    quote:Originally posted by 3GGG

Cars have so many safety features now compared to those days of no seatbelts, bench seats in the front, cross-ply tyres....
    Hehe! What do I win?

Despite the safety features and the technological improvements the highway code still quotes the same stopping distances and speed limits remain the same!

R7 ETH
    quote:Originally posted by 3GGG
    My other memory of the Jaguar was that on the rear bumper it had a red warning triangle with "DISC BRAKES" on it, just for the benefit of those whose drum brakes couldn't stop in time:blackeye:
    I loved the position of the handbrake always scuffed my knuckles off the door:( And the little glass fuel filter!! The one i had even had the original spark plug in the tool kit.

3GGG
    quote:Originally posted by R7 ETH

I loved the position of the handbrake always scuffed my knuckles off the door:( And the little glass fuel filter!! The one i had even had the original spark plug in the tool kit.
    I'd forgotten that chrome handbrake on the RHS, of course that was how the bench seat could go all the way across.

As a kid I hated the Jaguar's leather seats, the smell made me carsick.:dead:

3GGG
    Despite the safety features and the technological improvements the highway code still quotes the same stopping distances and speed limits remain the same!
    But the number of cars on the road have also dramatically increased, so have the number of eejits driving on them.

quote:
    Hehe! What do I win?
    You win this fabulous Jaguar XK150:

Photograph:)