Black trim.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Car
    r53s jcw
    Just wanted to know what people are using/ would recommend to treat the black trim, Back to Black doesnt cut it and ive got a bit of 'tiger stripe' above the rear wheels. Thanks.

One half of Gobi and Sahara EcosseGP's Avatar
    Car
    F54 and F56
    Personally it's a bit of a lottery but at the moment we're using AF Revive. I've had no issues with it but it has taken a bit of time to get the trim clean to start with. We've had a bit of an issue on one of the big fellas plastic arch where it appears to leave a streak despite us cleaning it numerous times.
    Craig's used Autosmart Trim Ultra too with good results .. and a little goes a long way.
    If you think there's a flaw in the plastic you'll never disguise it with product but you can get the colour back without changing the arch

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    You only need two tools in life WD40 and Duct Tape. If it doesn't move and should use WD40 and if it moves and shouldn't use Duct Tape.

Banned
    Car
    F56 Cooper S
    I used to gtechniq tyre and trim which is more dureable. But I'm considering Nanolex revive or gtechniq c4 which lasts 2+years

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Car
    R56 S in Dark Silver. Oh Yeah.
    C4 stuff is good but I can say after using it it lasts no more than a couple of months maximum

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Car
    Mini Cooper
    I use the Autoglym stuff - nice to use because its not actually black so less mess , but does a great job. It's a thickish, green liquid that brings up the black plastics great. Then I just use quick wax on them each wash.

Dodo juice trim sealant for me - I'm really fussy about black trim, but 2 coats of this lasts me a year.

Trim needs to be immaculately clean first

Sent from my SM-P605 using Tapatalk

Feet were made to fit car pedals. If we were meant to walk, we'd have pogo sticks for legs

Car
    r53s jcw
    Thanks all

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

This is one of my pet hates. And one of the hardest parts to clean on the car. I use the autoglym trim and bumper gel like Duncan has said. It has good results but doesn't last long enough (1 week usually as it doesn't like the rain).

I'll give the dodo juice sealant a try though.

Any tips on getting the trim clean first?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Traffic Light Racer
    Car
    R53GP/ E46 M3 CSL
    Clean with IPA.

I put the GTechnic stuff on and it looks well. Been on about 6 weeks now but hopefully it will last.

Put their wheel stuff on about 12 months ago and it works a treat.

I use an industrial product that we use on our vehicles at work called "Chela restore" its a green liquid and brings up the arch trim and the tyres like new. It even does the dashboard lol