Front Rear Wishbone Bushes

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Car
    R53 Cooper S
    Alright chaps,

Does anyone knows any decent garages in the Edinburgh area that can fit front rear wishbone bushes at a sensible price? Fittings these things are a bloody nightmare!

Car
    Scottish Cooper Cup Car #3, BMW 320Cd, Celica GTFour
    Tynecastle Garage on Gorgie Road

Car
    R53 Cooper S
    Incidentally they are just along the road from me, cheers mate will give them a call.

I'm really interested in the labour time for this job too as it on my list of to dos

Sent from my Lumia 1020

Car
    Scottish Cooper Cup Car #3, BMW 320Cd, Celica GTFour
    Tynecastle run our race cars, they know their stuff

Wouldn't say this is the kinda job you could put a book time on jdl, it's a suspension component on the front of an 8-13 year old car. There's a recent thread discussing the methods of installing and how much of a nightmare it can be to get the old ones off.

Car
    R53 Cooper S
    I seen that on their website! Booked in next for next wednesday Was quoted between £80 - £150, which wasn't quite as bad as what I thought it was going to be to be honest.

Is that labour alone or parts and labour?

Sent from my Lumia 1020

Car
    World’s highest powered r53 m45 460bhp 460wtq
    Surely both. My advise us always get the garage to supply and fit bushes. That way if a bush fails there is no arguing. (Like if you supply bush, they fit, bush goes bad they ain't gona refit it for free)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eddie, that's great advice that has never occurred to me before. Top tip thanks

Sent from my Lumia 1020

Car
    R53 Cooper S
    Quote Originally Posted by jdl_1967 View Post
    Is that labour alone or parts and labour?

Sent from my Lumia 1020
    Bought Powerflex bushes from Orranje so thats for labour alone mate. From my understanding the subframe needs to be dropped so its quite a time consuming job.