the old days

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Car
    2018 Cooper S Works 210
    Sponge, washing up liquid, throw bucket of dirty water over the car. You mean you guys don't still do this?

Car
    2018 Cooper S Works 210
    On the subject has anyone ever filled their screen wash bottle with washing up liquid? I reckon it was probably only 10% water the rest was a mix of green and yellow value brand washing up liquid. That was fun! Bubbles everywhere

Car
    2018 Cooper S Works 210
    Thankfully that was a long time ago, as was the one bucket does the whole wash technique

Car
    R56 JCW Hatch, R60 JCW Countryman ALL4
    Yep. One bucket - which was also often used for dog ****, grass cuttings, weeds and carrying small amounts of gravel around the garden. Never used fairy liquid, but usually Triplewax car shampoo. But it was washed with a sponge and sometimes a brush on the end of a pole. it was a soft brush, so that's ok then. :) I even dried the car with regular towels once. Scratches everywhere!!!

My first car was a Vauxhall Nova 1.0L. Bright red colour, really nice, but it had no clear coat so it was quite faded by the time I got it. I gave it a couple of coats of basic wax from Halfords and it looked spankin!

Then I had our Diamondbrite stage, used to swear by that for a while.

R60 Light White / Red Countryman All 4 John Cooper Works Auto
    R57 Chili Red Convertible John Cooper Works Auto

Car
    Mini Countryman
    Up until the detailing day I only ever used one bucket with washing up liquid and a sponge if I had time and shock horror a car wash if I didn't, but since the detailing day I've bought an extra bucket and some proper cleaning products. Yes used to use washing up liquid in the washer bottle and also lots of meths in the winter to stop it freezing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Car
    2007 R52 S "Sh**ey White" & 2016 Skoda Yeti "Daily"
    Quote Originally Posted by mini mad andy View Post
    Up until the detailing day I only ever used one bucket with washing up liquid and a sponge if I had time and shock horror a car wash if I didn't, but since the detailing day I've bought an extra bucket and some proper cleaning products. Yes used to use washing up liquid in the washer bottle and also lots of meths in the winter to stop it freezing.

Glad you got some good info out of the day :)

Car
    R56 S in Dark Silver. Oh Yeah.
    I had a Rover Metro that I used to respray in Hammerite white rather than wash I don't think I washed a car until I got my clio in 2002, and that was only because it was brand new and felt guilty. Luckily I hated that car after 3 year so I never washed anything until I chucked it in for the my BRG R50

Pantomime Villain & Car Plan Ambassador Crombers's Avatar
    Car
    R50 Cooper & F55 SD
    I've actually never used Fairy ........ ever

No honestly .......... not even 'manky me' ......... done everything else mind

R50 Cooper ..... Mini Plant Oxford

19 years of MINIfascination

Car
    Mini Countryman
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    Glad you got some good info out of the day :)

Yeah thanks.

I'm in Rome just now I think you could come and teach nearly everybody how to clean there cars.