Mini Clan's Thistle Run - Sunday 25th May 2014

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Car
    R56 S in Dark Silver. Oh Yeah.
    Ah cheers. We were in edinburgh getting drenched. Would have been nice to have a catch up with some faces if I'd known it was going on :)

Congratulations Ian
    Stephen & Allyson

Car
    Full on JCW!! :)
    Cracking day out again! Top Marks to the Clan for another great Thistle Run! Great roads, great folks, great cars.. and even cracking weather - a load of cash raised or charity too!
    Well done again Ian on winning, you Cooper looked awesome.. I need another old one to fill my garage
    Lots of spotless old classics, a few good New Minis too, and a good few seriously modded classics too, mostly VTec or Vauxhall twin-cam
    There really are some nice Z-cars examples out there now! WANT!
    Feel for the guy at Hermiston Gate roundabout tho. Brand New Z-cars conversion, engine in the back and rear-drive - sounds like he got a bit carried away on the roundabout and ended up backwards into the verge and barriers - and that was before he even got to the start of the run
    We got the rain as well Andy, but it was on the bypass at Edinburgh, it was a proper monsoon, so bad that one lane was closed off with massive tailbacks. The closed lane was just one massive loch
    We spent a load of the run with the main bunch, tootling round the countryside, but after an unscheduled 'comfort break' we had a good 10 miles of empty road while we caught up with the cars in front just outside Eyemouth.. THAT was fun!
    Here's a couple of pics from the phone, more on the camera when I get round to uploading..
    *Edit: Link to other pics in Flickr at the end*

And my absolute favourite of the day - a nice wee VTech Z Cars RWD clubby. Bootiful.

**Edited..**

CLICKY:
    Here's a link to the rest of my pics on Flickr
    Last edited by Burple; 26th May 2014 at 03:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Burple View Post
    Cracking day out again! Top Marks to the Clan for another great Thistle Run! Great roads, great folks, great cars.. and even cracking weather - a load of cash raised or charity too!
    Well done again Ian on winning, you Cooper looked awesome.. I need another old one to fill my garage
    Lots of spotless old classics, a few good New Minis too, and a good few seriously modded classics too, mostly VTec or Vauxhall twin-cam
    There really are some nice Z-cars examples out there now! WANT!
    Feel for the guy at Hermiston Gate roundabout tho. Brand New Z-cars conversion, engine in the back and rear-drive - sounds like he got a bit carried away on the roundabout and ended up backwards into the verge and barriers - and that was before he even got to the start of the run
    We got the rain as well Andy, but it was on the bypass at Edinburgh, it was a proper monsoon, so bad that one lane was closed off with massive tailbacks. The closed lane was just one massive loch
    We spent a load of the run with the main bunch, tootling round the countryside, but after an unscheduled 'comfort break' we had a good 10 miles of empty road while we caught up with the cars in front just outside Eyemouth.. THAT was fun!
    Here's a couple of pics from the phone, more on the camera when I get round to uploading..
    *Edit: Link to other pics in Flickr at the end*

And my absolute favourite of the day - a nice wee VTech Z Cars RWD clubby. Bootiful.

**Edited..**

CLICKY:
    Here's a link to the rest of my pics on Flickr
    I think if I had one of the z-cars I would also end up facing the wrong way at a roundabout / corner. I followed it for a while and it was both quick and a handful.

A clubman 1275GT would do me nicely and already worked out I have space at side of the house for a stand alone shed / garage to store it in. Helen is talking about 2 kids needing to go to Uni in next few years and the fact I may not have a job shortly and what about that new kitchen but I think these are just small details 😄

One half of Gobi and Sahara EcosseGP's Avatar
    Car
    F54 and F56
    I love that sand glow orange GT cracking photos and well done to Ian !!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    You only need two tools in life WD40 and Duct Tape. If it doesn't move and should use WD40 and if it moves and shouldn't use Duct Tape.

Car
    R56 JCW Hatch, R60 JCW Countryman ALL4
    Great pics Ewan.

R60 Light White / Red Countryman All 4 John Cooper Works Auto
    R57 Chili Red Convertible John Cooper Works Auto

Car
    Mini Cooper
    Great photos everyone, a reminder of a cracking day out. So many great minis it's impossible to pick a favourite - I did like the v-tech one but Helen doesn't :-)
    I thought we were going to be washed away coming home round Edinburgh but my wee classic did us proud, never missing a beat.
    Congratulations Ian, well deserved