why a MINI

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Car
    F56 Cooper
    I took my driving lessons in a yellow R56 cooper and instantly fell in love with it. I was desperate to buy one when I passed my test at 19 but insurance was such a killer so I went for a new 1 series instead ( insurance was unbelievably cheap ). I then traded that in for a bit of fun - 2012 Audi TT S Line Coupe. I hated the bloody thing! So much negative attention it was unreal. I wanted a Mini but my other half at the time convinced me to get the Audi ( big mistake ) so when it was time I went straight to John Clark in Aberdeen just when the new F56 came out and traded the TT for the Mini. FINALLY! and I've not looked back. This is by far the best car I've owned, never fails to put a smile on my face.

After splitting with my wife I decided to buy my boyhood dream car.....a 306 gti-6! I quickly decided I wanted to get to some track days and realised it was gonna cost too much to get the 306 where I wanted it so set about looking for a good track car that was easily tunable. After seeing I could pick up a nice r53 for under 3k I did some reading and decided it was the perfect car for what I wanted. After driving it I was convinced! Absolutely love the car now, I'm even seriously considering trading up to a GP at the end of the year.

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    Nice one, you can tune the R53 to a decent spec to save on the cost of a GP

The GP is good, but for what you've done to your car a GP wouldn't be a dramatic improvement IMO - another few mods and you'll have more power and better suspension

Feet were made to fit car pedals. If we were meant to walk, we'd have pogo sticks for legs

Car
    JCW S GP1499 & R59 JCW
    I owned three Classics in the past and scrapped all three.
    I loved them to bits but never felt really safe in them.
    I forgot all about Mini's until 2001.
    I fully specced a Cooper S and all I needed to do was sign on the dotted line to become an owner of one of the first MINI Cooper S's on the road.
    I stepped back, had a long think about what I was doing, walked away and bought a 4 bed house instead.
    I then gave up my dream until 2005 when I saw the first pics of a GP, I was in love again.
    I then saw the price and forgot all about them until April '12.
    I remembered about them at work on a Thursday afternoon, looked for them and found 4 for sale. I discounted 3 of them straight away.
    I looked at the remaining one on the Saturday, put down £500 deposit and picked it up the following Saturday.

.....I've been smiling ever since.

...enjoy the journey.
    Last edited by CiderFex; 19th March 2015 at 05:32 PM.

Want More BHP!
    Car
    Cooper D Clubman...
    Opted out of the company car scheme at work, only stipulation is that you must have a 5 door car..
    As soon as the Clubman came out I had to get one, they do have 5 doors after all...;-)