Road Grip

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Are My Nuts Tight
    Car
    Dougall the Red
    quote:Originally posted by X30YES

pure P**h ....I'm sure someone will give you a more technical answer if you ask , meantime get down the gym and get on the weights!!
    Hey Angus, just noticed your sig has changed. Does this mean the new car is on the road? Are you pleased with it? (daft question)Have you given him a name and are you looking forward to his debut tomorrow? (should have been a copper not a sw!:I)

Dear Lord, If you wont make me skinny, please make my friends fat-very Fat.

X30YES
    Lots of people have changed the tyres Sheilz ,so I dont see a problem with that , as you know the mini does run on non runflats, only thing I can think of is the warning indicator has to be disabled I think if you change to non run flats .Take some advice from the guys who have changed them before getting new ones .I'm not keen on the RF either but will get some miles out of them I think and change them when worn .

X30YES
    Have the car but not taxed till 1st Sept

GAJ
    quote:Originally posted by X30YES

Lots of people have changed the tyres Sheilz ,so I dont see a problem with that , as you know the mini does run on non runflats, only thing I can think of is the warning indicator has to be disabled I think if you change to non run flats .Take some advice from the guys who have changed them before getting new ones .I'm not keen on the RF either but will get some miles out of them I think and change them when worn .
    No need to disable the indicator!

Are My Nuts Tight
    Car
    Dougall the Red
    I'll try the runflats at slightly lower pressure to see how it goes. If I still find it skipping I will change them. Possibly the wheels as well. I guess wheels would have to be BMW approved since it would affect the warranty. It would wouldn't it?

redpoint rallying
    Whos the best supplier for Federals and anyone got their contact details?

Thanks

The Dogfather
    Redpoint - I got mine from Turriff Tyres.

Sheilz - Mine and John aren't runflats and the indicator still works even with different alloys.

Sponsor
    Nice one. On my way back from Banff today, it started raining fairly heavily. I was taking a left hand long bend having passed a scabby fiesta, and I ended up on the wrong side of the road! As I said before though, it was easy to catch it and avoid the cows in the field! Phew!

Are My Nuts Tight
    Car
    Dougall the Red
    My tyres were over-inflated. Got them set to the lowest (by a calibrated machine!) and have beeen up and down twice to Arbroath since without any probs; but then the roads were dry!
    Went into checkpoint to look at wheels etc. have identified some prety cool wheels with the tyres Julz recommended for £1050 (18") or £800 for 17". Said I'd phone them on Tues to say yae or nae, depending on the state of my credit card!!

The Dogfather
    Sheilz - What type of alloys and tyres?

I paid £575 for my 17s.