Why is my name on forums Sideways Steve

Car
    Mini Cooper S R53 & Mini Cooper Clubman R55
    Well my username was given to me many moons ago when I was heavily ino the drifting scene, before it became popular thanks to movies such as fast and furious. I have built a few drift cars myself and also helped build a few too over time but here's a wee video from way back when I had one of my first 200sx s13 road legal drifters.

I'm the white car in front and being followed by one of my close friends and fellow drifters in his late model 200sx s14.

Both cars we're running a mild drift spec with around 270bhp on street setup.

Thought I'd just fling it up as I came across it when looking through some old YouTube links I had !

Also for those not familiar with drifting the aim is to follow a laid out track whilst keeping the car in a controlled slide on the bends and clipping the apex points as closely as possible. Two cars run at the same time and more points are awarded for keeping close, the car behind is trying to pass the front car whilst maintaining good speed and drift angle as well as still hitting the clipping points. Points are from 1 to 10 and each car will be marked by the judges. You will do two runs which allow each car to take a turn at being the lead car. Sometimes more runs will be required to determine the winner if it's too close to call.

- - - Updated - - -

This video was taken at Ingleston on a practice day so there was no judging going on, the first right hand corner entry speed is around 80mph and is classed as a 3rd gear drift which is pretty quick for such a tight circuit with very little runoff area lol !
    Last edited by Sideways Steve; 1st April 2014 at 12:31 PM.

Car
    Mini Countryman
    Looks good fun :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice wee video.

Werther's Original & Sponsor ELFMAN's Avatar
    Larkhall, Lanarkshire, Scotland, United Kingdom
    If I tried that, I'd have to change my Username to "ELFINAFENCE...MAN" Nice stuff, but Does anybody else feel really sorry for the TYRES?

2008 R56 COOPER S, Pepper White, Black Roof, 'John Cooper' Signature Side and Bonnet Stripes, JCW 'Stage 1' Tuning Kit, Forge Intercooler, Milltek Downpipe & Sports Cat, ALTA Induction, Chris Knox/DNA Remap, JCW/Brembo Brakes, Limited Slip Diff, JCW Suspension and Front Strut Brace, 17" Crown Spokes with Non-Runflat 205/45x17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport tyres, JCW/Recaro leather Seats, JCW Sideskirts, Chili Pack, Front Spotlights. Still got my old Hendrix Badge blu-tacked to the dash!

Lol - I never knew!! Have you been to the new circuit in Fife yet?

One half of Gobi and Sahara EcosseGP's Avatar
    Car
    F54 and F56
    Quote Originally Posted by ELFMAN View Post
    If I tried that, I'd have to change my Username to "ELFINAFENCE...MAN" Nice stuff, but Does anybody else feel really sorry for the TYRES?
    If that was me I'd be changing my user name to "Thru The Fence Davy"
    You only need two tools in life WD40 and Duct Tape. If it doesn't move and should use WD40 and if it moves and shouldn't use Duct Tape.