Engine noise inside cabin.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Car
    World’s highest powered r53 m45 460bhp 460wtq
    Right. Just got the car back from garage and it sounds like I've got a massive hole in bulkhead lol as noise bad. Even thought it was cumming threw stereo so turned it off to check lol. Any ideas as garage stumped what they have done to it. As I say it's like I got a big hole in it. There is no holes. Car running fine apart from I think the fan was coming on bit to much. Not sure. But all pressures etc are fine. Help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Car
    2018 Cooper S Works 210
    Possibly an exhaust leak? Or an air intake hose off?

Car
    They all fine. I changed the pulley damper bracket. But this also had a pulley vibration damper ( little shock absorber thing) which was completely gone. So just fitted the bracket till get little damper thing on Monday. Could this b the cause of the loud engine noise in cabin?? It's only thing that's been changed

Car
    It like I have a speaker in my footwell playing the sound of the engine.

Car
    Tensioner stop bracket I changed. And it should have had like a small vibration bush also but mine was gone. Just fitted the new tensioner stop bracket without small bush thing( as don't have 1 until Monday now). But getting loud engine noise in cabin. Am thinking it's the bracket vibrating as no bush on it and noise is cuming in threw foot heater blower tubes thing.

Car
    2018 Cooper S Works 210
    That kind of makes sense

Car
    Cheers Edd. It gota b. think without the small bush thing that attaches to the stop bracket and it's vibrating all over and threw the air flow thing into footwell. Will find out on Monday when get the small bush will update outcome .

Car
    X3 M competition,F56 GP ,F54 JCW white silver edtionTrafic Formula Edition
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie View Post
    Cheers Edd. It gota b. think without the small bush thing that attaches to the stop bracket and it's vibrating all over and threw the air flow thing into footwell. Will find out on Monday when get the small bush will update outcome .

keep us up todate Eddie noise/sound can be a pain and as you have said may be noise transmitted thru metal to metal ,which makes a great medium for sound transmission
    The cars in front are New MINI Scotland

Car
    Will do :)

Car
    2018 Cooper S Works 210
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie View Post

No problem, sorry I couldn't be much help. Car looked good when you passed me last week, see you tomorrow mate.