DASH LIGHTS

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Oh, and don't trust the mini temperature gauge, it's not accurate in the slightest. An OBD reader is your friend

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Feet were made to fit car pedals. If we were meant to walk, we'd have pogo sticks for legs

Mini Mad
    Car
    MINI COOPER S CLUBMAN
    the OBR say it has no faults have just looked under the oil cap and it is grey in colour what does this mean please say that it is good or the car will be going back to the garage and I want a refund

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    You're being a big vague, is there any water in the coolant system?
    The grey can occur if you do a lot of short or stop start journeys.

You also said that no hot air was coming from the heater, which indicates coolant loss, loss of power can also be either limp mode or a cooked engine, but then you say it starts fine

There'll be a fault code somewhere for all this, or a wet BC module

Feet were made to fit car pedals. If we were meant to walk, we'd have pogo sticks for legs

Car
    Mini Countryman
    Did you check the coolant and was it's level ok and was the fluid clean with anti freeze in it but no sludge?

When you start the car does it run smoothly?

Not sure how the Body Control module could change the air temp. coming out of the heater from hot to cold, as Gismo says it sounds like a coolant loss.

It is a bit strange that there are no error codes appearing as you would think some sensor would sense something is wrong.

Has the car been tuned?
    Last edited by mini mad andy; 18th February 2014 at 02:00 PM.

Mini Mad
    Car
    MINI COOPER S CLUBMAN
    the car has been tuned and I think it could be the head gasket but I could be wrong going back to the garage and they can fix it only had it 3 weeks there is fluid in the coolant tank but it does not look good

When you say tuned - how and by whom?

Car
    Mini Countryman
    Quote Originally Posted by djlow1969 View Post
    the car has been tuned and I think it could be the head gasket but I could be wrong going back to the garage and they can fix it only had it 3 weeks there is fluid in the coolant tank but it does not look good
    Sounds like a trip back to the garage is a good idea. At the least get them to fix it.

Mini Mad
    Car
    MINI COOPER S CLUBMAN
    was remapped by ves sport

Custom remap via AFR, or ECU flash only?