DASH LIGHTS

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mini Mad
    Car
    MINI COOPER S CLUBMAN
    hi just got home from 2 weeks away and went out in my mcs for a run and got down to the bottom of the hill about 700yds away and the dash id going mad ie temp was popping up yellow then the engine management light comes on also yellow then the tyre light is on and athe temp is now flashing red what is going on please help so confused as I am new to mini but not bmw yours d

Car
    2007 R52 S "Sh**ey White" & 2016 Skoda Yeti "Daily"
    This can sometimes happen due to low battery.... Check it first. Because there are various things coming its what Id check first...

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    Yep, agree, new battery required, what is the age of the current car or at least the battery, normal life approx 5 years

Mini Mad
    Car
    MINI COOPER S CLUBMAN
    my car is a 08 and will check the battery today thanks

Car
    X3 M competition,F56 GP ,F54 JCW white silver edtionTrafic Formula Edition
    More likely what the others say ,one of the reasons my 1M is kept on a CTEK conditioner/charger system
    The cars in front are New MINI Scotland

Wouldn't assume it's the battery if it started Ok - BC module?

My car is 9, sits idle for 4 weeks at a time, and is still on the original battery

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Feet were made to fit car pedals. If we were meant to walk, we'd have pogo sticks for legs

Mini Mad
    Car
    MINI COOPER S CLUBMAN
    the car starts great was out today in it and again the temp keeps flashing RED them the engine management light comes on will be phoning bmw to book it in as I can not even go for a good run in it,,,, was driving today and switched the heater on and it was blowing hot air then it went cold and I did not move the dials what is going on try and put my foot down and the car starts to shudder can anyone help please

Hook up a fault code reader first

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Feet were made to fit car pedals. If we were meant to walk, we'd have pogo sticks for legs

One half of Gobi and Sahara EcosseGP's Avatar
    Car
    F54 and F56
    That doesn't sound good at all. Have you checked the oil and water in it ? Could be head issue ... Would be worth checking with a scanner if the engine management lights on ..
    You only need two tools in life WD40 and Duct Tape. If it doesn't move and should use WD40 and if it moves and shouldn't use Duct Tape.

Car
    Mini Countryman
    The fact that the temp. changes from hot to cold makes it sound more mechanical than electrical, If you know someone with a compression tester it would be worth having that done. Was it ok before you went away? As has already been said, have you checked the oil and coolant for both level and to make sure they are not contaminated?