NMS Has a new home page

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Car
    R56 JCW Hatch, R60 JCW Countryman ALL4
    As part of the new ownership of NMS by William and Brian Harper, it was decided to create a new home page for the site.

No disrespect meant to previous owner Alan (the Gismo Man), but Alan would be the first to admit he's no web designer and being honest, the home page - although functional and attracted new members - reflected that.

The home page for the site is more often than not the very first page people see before they become members. And it was decided to refresh this page to 'de-clutter' and simplify the process of welcoming new visitors to the site and encourage them straight into the forums. It was also decided that for now, there is nothing beyond the home page - other than the forums. So, there's no menu to navigate and no pages to wander around before you do eventually make it to the forums for the meaty stuff.

Thanks to a few members for providing the background images, which will be refreshed every few months, to continue keeping the page fresh.

For the techy web designers among us...

The page is built on a Bootstrap framework, is responsive (so it should look almost as good on a mobile phone as it does on a desktop), and I've utilized open source script "adaptive-images" to reduce the file size of the images on the fly, so that again when being accessed by a mobile phone it won't take 2 days to load and use up all your data allowance.

Have a look and if there are any suggestions, or indeed, any faults (typo's), shout out here.

www.newminiscotland.co.uk

R60 Light White / Red Countryman All 4 John Cooper Works Auto
    R57 Chili Red Convertible John Cooper Works Auto

Car
    F56 JCW GP, R55 Clubvan
    Thank you for your hard work on the home page, we appreciate it. I'm sure everyone will agree that it looks fantastic. Exactly what we had discussed but better
    Racing Grey F56 JCW GP 0370 - Chilli Red Mirror Caps, Custom OHC Alcantara Steering Wheel, Motech Performance By PiperCross Panel Filter, Custom GP Steering Wheel Spoke, Custom GP Stitched Carbon Side Scuttles, JCW Pro Mats, RSI C6 Carbonfibre Scoop, JCW Pro Stitched Carbon Boot Handle

Ice Blue R55 Clubvan - JCW Shiftlight, JCW Carbon Fibe Handbrake, JCW Carbon Fibre Dash, JCW Steering Wheel, Recaro JCW Sportster CS, CoolerWorx ShortShifter, BC Racing Coilovers, JCW Brembo 4pots, HEL Braided Lines, JCW Front Bumper, MINI Challenge Splitter, White Rota Blitz

Car
    Mini Cooper Roadster Midnight Black & Mini Coupe Cooper, Pepper White
    Looks really good guys

Looking good guys only thing I'd suggest is that you maybe think about mentioning that diesel minis are also accepted in here and not just the petrol versions which is how it appears (reads) below, just a thought.

"whether your car is a MINI One, a Cooper, Cooper S, JCW or a GP, THIS is the web site for you"

Drifter
    Looking Good Andy... ...For some reason your link to the home page on Safari takes me to the old home page... ...Checked with Firefox and your link is fine...

Car
    R56 JCW Hatch, R60 JCW Countryman ALL4
    Quote Originally Posted by RobSco View Post
    Looking Good Andy... ...For some reason your link to the home page on Safari takes me to the old home page... ...Checked with Firefox and your link is fine...
    Do you mean the link in the first post in this thread? If so, I guess the old page will be cached by your browser. And using a different browser took you to the correct new page.

Refresh your cache and you should be fine.

R60 Light White / Red Countryman All 4 John Cooper Works Auto
    R57 Chili Red Convertible John Cooper Works Auto

Steven Allan
    looks clean i like it

Drifter
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyP & Lenore View Post
    Do you mean the link in the first post in this thread? If so, I guess the old page will be cached by your browser. And using a different browser took you to the correct new page.

Refresh your cache and you should be fine.
    Problem solved... Thanks Andy... Now taking me to the correct home page with the refresh...

Pantomime Villain & Car Plan Ambassador Crombers's Avatar
    Car
    R50 Cooper & F55 SD
    Tis grand

R50 Cooper ..... Mini Plant Oxford

19 years of MINIfascination

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyP & Lenore View Post
    No disrespect meant to previous owner Alan (the Gismo Man), but Alan would be the first to admit he's no web designer and being honest, the home page - although functional and attracted new members - reflected that

An obvious step in the right direction, light years ahead of my capabilities