HEADLIGHTS

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    3GGG
    I have to say I am 'delighted' (pun intended) with my MINI Xenon lights. Full beam is brilliant and dipped very good. 90% of driving on our busy roads is on dipped beam anyway, so driving lamps don't help. My Renault Megane has much worse lights and I find I have to use the fogs to see the verges properly. Maybe its because I remember driving cars with non halogen lamps and dynamos that could barely charge the battery when the lights were on!

X30YES
    quote:Originally posted by Sheilz

I went to see about upgrading my lights today - 1K! Passed on that one. Cheapest option I could get was the 50% brighter bulbs. If I remember correctly Paul has these and did find some improvement. When its dark and raining the driving lamps just spoil the whole mini experience. At this rate I'll be spending the winter driving Daisy:(
    Better getting the Hella spots that mickeythemini is fitting just now Sheilz...£193
    (and the Xenon Enhanced lamps are £18 a pair incl vat . £36 for four lamps main and dip is got to be worth a try )?

Sponsor
    I bought the xenon enhanced bulbs, then realised that I already had them fitted. It must come with the chilli pack does it?

You can get your bulb upgrades at PowerBulbs, free delivery. You want H7 type for dip and main - unless you have Xenons then you can only change the dip. I used the Philips ones and they definitely make a difference.

Philips Type

Osram Type

Are My Nuts Tight
    Car
    Dougall the Red
    I bought one pack (2) of Phillips vision plus. How many bulbs should I buy? You can tell I''m not used to doing my own car stuff!!:I Normally I just tell Munro and lo and behold its fixed. Since he is in Sachilin Island just now this is not easy to achieve.:( But I'm enjoying the challenge (though my two eldest say THEY are enjoying the challenge:I)

Dear Lord, If you wont make me skinny, please make my friends fat-very Fat.

X30YES
    Two Main and Two dip beam

X30YES
    quote:Originally posted by Sheilz

I bought one pack (2) of Phillips vision plus. How many bulbs should I buy? You can tell I''m not used to doing my own car stuff!!:I Normally I just tell Munro and lo and behold its fixed. Since he is in Sachilin Island just now this is not easy to achieve.:( But I'm enjoying the challenge (though my two eldest say THEY are enjoying the challenge:I)
    We are all enjoying the Challenge Sheilz

Are My Nuts Tight
    Car
    Dougall the Red
    Have acknowledged my limitations and got the car booked into checkpoint this afternoon for the lights to be done.:I

Dear Lord, If you wont make me skinny, please make my friends fat-very Fat.

X30YES
    Think if you bring them with you tomorrow they could be done for you FREE only takes ten mins

Yeah, as Angus says just bring the bulbs to the run tomorrow - its dead easy to change them out