SPACE SAVER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hi looking for a spacesaver for a 2009 Clubman cooper s. Bmw don't sell them as an after market part only available when buying a new car. Anybody know where i can get one. I have hunted high and low on google etc.

Car
    Mini Countryman
    Have you tried the breakers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aren't the dealers in fact telling you that Mini don't offer a spare tyre for that model, because there is nowhere it can be mounted under the car? I'm not that familiar with Clubman interiors and exhausts to know if you can carry a spare wheel or not. A Cooper S hatch can't, unless it's carried loose in the boot, as the exhaust gets in the way underneath.

There is no problem actually fitting the spare to the car, except that if you have a front tyre puncture, you would need to remover a rear wheel and put the spare on that, and then put the good rear wheel in place of the punctured front. A Mini spare won't fit over a Cooper S front disc.

Quote Originally Posted by Angib View Post
    Aren't the dealers in fact telling you that Mini don't offer a spare tyre for that model, because there is nowhere it can be mounted under the car? I'm not that familiar with Clubman interiors and exhausts to know if you can carry a spare wheel or not. A Cooper S hatch can't, unless it's carried loose in the boot, as the exhaust gets in the way underneath.

There is no problem actually fitting the spare to the car, except that if you have a front tyre puncture, you would need to remover a rear wheel and put the spare on that, and then put the good rear wheel in place of the punctured front. A Mini spare won't fit over a Cooper S front disc.
    There is a space in the boot for a space saver but mini apparently dont sell them as a spare.

Car
    R53 heavy moded
    Yest the clubman can carry a spare as I have got one for mine still need to check if it fits over the back wheel of the FJCW tho 😉👍
    New sig coming soon

Well, if yours was a non-S Cooper Clubman, it could have a 115/70R15 90M spacesaver spare.

That has part number 36101508367 and has a list price of £131. So ask the dealer's parts department to search for a non-S car.

If they really won't be that helpful:
    a) hit them;
    b) look for a non-S R56 hatch on the dealer's forecourt and give the registration number from that to the parts department guy, assuming he's still speaking to you after being hit.

A cheaper solution that I've read about is to use a secondhand spacesaver wheel off a Rover 45, but I don't know the ins and outs of that - you would be better off asking that question on somewhere like TotalMini where there are more members. I've just looked on eBay and there is a Rover 45 spacesaver there for £35 + £6 delivery. It's a 125/80R15 but that sounds a similar diameter but a little more width than a 115/70R15. I don't think the small difference in diameter can matter as the spacesaver wheel is far smaller than the other wheels on the car.

Quote Originally Posted by Angib View Post
    .....you would be better off asking that question on somewhere like TotalMini where there are more members.
    Well, that was crap advice, wasn't it? I saw your post and no answers. Maybe grit your teeth for all the rude comments and ask it on MiniTorque?

Buggrit, I'll ask on Mini Torque.
    Last edited by Angib; 28th January 2014 at 06:13 PM.

Car
    R53 heavy moded
    Don't see why the rover one wont fit as long as its a 4 x 100 stud fitment wider the better imay sell mine if it dose not fit over my back brakes on the FJCW !!

Sent from my RM-875_eu_euro1_212 using Tapatalk
    New sig coming soon

Cheers guys. Whatever the outcome Stoney let me know.. Anjib i will watch the post on mini torque with intrest.. Cheers again

Quote Originally Posted by stoney View Post
    Don't see why the rover one wont fit as long as its a 4 x 100 stud fitment wider the better
    Well, no, it matters what size the centre bore is too, since that is how a modern wheel locates. But then I think that will be the same, as Rover wheels such as 'Hairpins' fit Minis OK.