Suspension or exhaust

Cooper S Scott
    Hi guys
    Just testing the water to see if any 1 has any suspension kits or stainless steel exhaust systems that they no longer want for 02 plate cooper s
    Been thinking about lowering and adding a few mods but before I buy brand new just thought I would test the water
    Couldn't tell u what r it's it
    R51 r 52 I don't know u guys will know better than me
    Not had it that long and it's a second car
    My toy so just fancy getting some subtle upgrades :)
    Ow yea or any cold air induction kits aswell
    Cheers guys
    Scott

Are you still on the original dampers? Lowering springs on old dampers are borderline dangerous - get coils. APs/BCs are not dear.

Also, bear in mind that 02 cars have different top mounts (I think) - definitely something 02-specific about the front suspension

- - - Updated - - -

And to answer your other questions:

CAI - DaveF or de-flapped JCW
    Exhaust - have a look at youtube vids to find a sound you like. I run Janspeed mani, stock cat, and JCW cat-back. Subtle when cruising, louder at WOT. Millteks are popular, Borla get a good rep, have a look about
    Pulley is pretty much essential for an R53

But I would sort your suspension and brakes before chasing power. Bushes, balljoints etc will be tired if they're 12 years old

Feet were made to fit car pedals. If we were meant to walk, we'd have pogo sticks for legs

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    What Mon says, you've got an R53

Werther's Original & Sponsor ELFMAN's Avatar
    Larkhall, Lanarkshire, Scotland, United Kingdom
    I had the Playmini System and Manifold with Sports Cat... as Ali said, sounded the business, but it wasn't subtle!
    That was on the JCW 210 upgrade and GRS 'Cooler as well, but the sound should still be good on a stock R53

2008 R56 COOPER S, Pepper White, Black Roof, 'John Cooper' Signature Side and Bonnet Stripes, JCW 'Stage 1' Tuning Kit, Forge Intercooler, Milltek Downpipe & Sports Cat, ALTA Induction, Chris Knox/DNA Remap, JCW/Brembo Brakes, Limited Slip Diff, JCW Suspension and Front Strut Brace, 17" Crown Spokes with Non-Runflat 205/45x17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport tyres, JCW/Recaro leather Seats, JCW Sideskirts, Chili Pack, Front Spotlights. Still got my old Hendrix Badge blu-tacked to the dash!

Car
    R53 heavy moded
    Janspeed or obx manifold and BC or AP coilovers i am running BC BR coilovers and love them tbh

Speak tonRich at orranje performance he will sort you out

Sent from my RM-875_eu_euro1_212 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by stoney; 4th January 2014 at 05:09 PM.
    New sig coming soon

Pantomime Villain & Car Plan Ambassador Crombers's Avatar
    Car
    R50 Cooper & F55 SD
    Yup as Mon says (waaaaaaay above my head lol) & nope I ain't selling/removing my (Elfmans old) Playmini manifold

Also run about with a Playmini back box which was & still is the best mod for an R50 Cooper

R50 Cooper ..... Mini Plant Oxford

19 years of MINIfascination