Brake Fluid

Resident old yin.
    Hi,

Is my R56 Cooper due a brake fluid change after 2 years or 3?

I thought 2 but indicator is showing 12/2014. The car was built 12/2011 so I was expecting it to be needed sometime soon.

Thanks

Definitely 2. Even if the car doesn't say it needs it, do it for peace of mind - brake fluid is hygroscopic

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Feet were made to fit car pedals. If we were meant to walk, we'd have pogo sticks for legs

Resident old yin.
    Thanks. Was planning on booking it in for Vardy to fix something anyway.

In January they found that a gaiter by the front wheel was loose and losing grease.
    Great I thought. However, in the last week there has been a knocking as I pull away from my driveway.

Took the wheel off today. It is loose again. Their attempt at a fix is two plastic cable ties.

Took the other side wheel off and it has a proper metal retaining clip.

Not happy! I wonder what they charged MINI for this piece of work last time...

Knocking is from the cv joints, mine has been doing this for nearly 3 years and hasn't broken yet

Feet were made to fit car pedals. If we were meant to walk, we'd have pogo sticks for legs

Resident old yin.
    Thanks, that is good to know.

However, my car is under warranty and should be right. It certainly should not have had some botched job done on it to fix this last time!

Knocking does mean it's not great, depends how much grease it's lost as to whether it's salvageable or needs new joints

Resident old yin.
    Car fixed, took 3 days as there was some mix up with parts. They replaced the drive shaft apparently.

Also got the brake fluid changed under tlc.