Winter wheel fitting problem

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hi

Trying to fit my winter wheels but can't get them to fit the SD. They are R120's and fitted my MCS so thought they would fit the SD no problem but I can't get them over the centre hole.

I have had them refurbished - could that be the problem as it may have made the whole slightly smaller?

Any thoughts.

Neil.

Car
    F56 JCW, R50 Cooper Pre Production, Aston Martin V8 Vantage N400
    If you want to bring the car and a wheel to mine tomorrow I will have a look at it for you

Quote Originally Posted by ianking View Post
    If you want to bring the car and a wheel to mine tomorrow I will have a look at it for you
    Thanks Ian that would be great. You around in the afternoon? Need to finish waxing and polishing in the morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    I have had them refurbished - could that be the problem as it may have made the hole slightly smaller?
    Is there any paint on the inside of the centre bore? That's poor quality refurbishing, if so. Scrape/sand it off?

Here's the bore of my original (never refurbished) Pace Spoke winters showing a bare metal centre bore. Well, OK, bare metal plus quite bit of corrosion - but then they are winters.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	winter-bore.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	93.3 KB 
ID:	4765
    Last edited by Angib; 9th November 2013 at 05:50 PM.

Car
    F56 JCW, R50 Cooper Pre Production, Aston Martin V8 Vantage N400
    Neil.
    I will be around all day.
    Im working on one of my classic minis. Putting it back together after Graeme done a wee bit painting on it.

Car
    2007 R52 S "Sh**ey White" & 2016 Skoda Yeti "Daily"
    Neil, once you sort the centre bore issue, make sure there is no powder coat on the back of the hub part of the wheel, cos once it is against the hub of the car and heats up, it goes like concrete !! Lesson I learned some years ago. Wire brush the back of the hub back to the metal

I'm sure they will fit once you have cleaned the bore out. There really is no difference between the cars.

Mr Nice :-) & Sponsor
    How did this go then fellas? I seem to remember Neil saying something about getting a Countryman D as there was a strange issue with winter wheels on the SD?

In asking my dealer I was advised that "the Countryman can take 16" winter wheels with tyre size 195/60/16". I'm going to be buying a set in the next couple of weeks so if this size is wrong any heads up would be appreciated.

Oh, as another quick question did you guys buy a jacking point adapter if using a trolley jack?If so was it just this one or similar?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BMW-MINI-JAC...item5aeea13eba

Last edited by Big Col; 11th November 2013 at 08:38 AM.

Car
    Col - I'll check mine out for tyre size but I have 16" steelies on my CM and Jude's PM with winter tyres and no issues. I used a trolley jack (lifted at the front) and no adapter needed plus jack it up a bit higher and do 2 wheels at a time :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Car
    Saying this I'm unsure if there are diff brakes on the S to the Coop on a CM....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mr Nice :-) & Sponsor
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    Saying this I'm unsure if there are diff brakes on the S to the Coop on a CM....
    Thanks for the reply mate. It was a difference in brakes that I think Neil mentioned. Will have a look and see if I can dig out his post. Thanks for other info though. Gold star for that man!