Classifieds

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Can we change the rules on the classifieds, to stop people posting eBay links and solely using the site as free advertising?

I don't mind someone trying to sell something on here, and say after a month or whatever deciding to put the unsold item(s) on eBay, and adding that to the thread.

But starting a thread just to post an eBay link is rude IMO.

Thoughts?

Feet were made to fit car pedals. If we were meant to walk, we'd have pogo sticks for legs

But starting a thread just to post an eBay link is rude IMO.
    Getting at anyone in particular?

No, I've seen it happen here and across other sites for a while now.

Feet were made to fit car pedals. If we were meant to walk, we'd have pogo sticks for legs

Car
    2007 R52 S "Sh**ey White" & 2016 Skoda Yeti "Daily"
    I agree Gordon. If your an active member then your putting things up here for other members to benefit from. Speaking for myself I normally put up items for sale to members cheaper than I would if I was selling in eBay or gumtree. If they don't move I then out them up on eBay or gumtree.

I also agree that we should not be used as an additional database of people to sell all sorts.

Not sure how be moderate this tho...

www.lodgeonthecaley.com

If a For Sale post contains an ebay link it gets pulled down. After a month (or other set time), an ebay link can be added to the thread, but a new thread can't be started with an ebay link in it.

Would that work?

Car
    R53 heavy moded
    Quote Originally Posted by Mon the fish View Post
    If a For Sale post contains an ebay link it gets pulled down. After a month (or other set time), an ebay link can be added to the thread, but a new thread can't be started with an ebay link in it.

Would that work?
    Think that's a good idea if the boss agrees with it then it's easy enuf done I would say 2 weeks tho is prob more than enuf time to let some thing sell tbh :)
    New sig coming soon

Speaking for myself I normally put up items for sale to members cheaper.......
    This is what I've done with my present post, (if this is what has triggered this discussion?). The wheels ARE being offered at a lower price to club members, than are being advertised as a BuyItNow on my Ebay link. I cannot afford the space in my garage and cannot therefore give members the luxury of two weeks (never mind a month) to think about my offer.
    I did not realise that I had transgressed the clubs ethical boundaries , but my apologies are offered, IF I have done so.

This isn't a personal dig at anyone or anything, as I've already said it's something I've seen on a few forums and I'm not keen on it personally.

If you want to shift something quick, either price it to sell on here, or stick it on eBay with an end time.

I just think if you're posting it on here, or other mini forums, you should at least offer it to the community first. Just posting eBay links is in bad taste IMO

Car
    2007 R52 S "Sh**ey White" & 2016 Skoda Yeti "Daily"
    Quote Originally Posted by Mon the fish View Post

Would that work?
    Sounds fine to me :)

www.lodgeonthecaley.com

Car
    R53 heavy moded
    been thinking about this and think mon's idea is good but say a week on the thread and then if you want you can post an ebay link after that

what the thoughts on that ??
    New sig coming soon