Your thoughts on chrome scoop....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Whats the general consensus on fitting a chrome scoop surround ...... something like this :

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.co.uk/vie...w=400575264401

I can't quite decide whether or not I like it (would be fitting to a very dark grey Cooper S)

Si

One half of Gobi and Sahara EcosseGP's Avatar
    Car
    F54 and F56
    Personally it's not for me but that's the good thing about being a MINI owner you can make it your own ...

At 8000rpm no-one hears you scream !
    You only need two tools in life WD40 and Duct Tape. If it doesn't move and should use WD40 and if it moves and shouldn't use Duct Tape.

I don't buy the rush to de-chrome everything, some chrome is good.

But a chrome scoop is hideous IMO. Leave it body colour

Feet were made to fit car pedals. If we were meant to walk, we'd have pogo sticks for legs

I think the bit that puts me off is the fact that it's a stick on scoop and I'm worried it'd look right out of place. Because the car is so dark the scoop just seems to blend in to the car, but because it's one of the few things that sets the Cooper S out from a "standard" mini I wanted to show it off a bit more (yeah yeah, I have issues ). I think some bonnet stripes right up the middle might be a bit more subtle.

Hmmm ... 2 minutes later .....

Just googled and found this :

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2013_mini_hardtop_cooper_s_midnight_black_metallic_in_lake_city_washington_98221793750271297.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	35.6 KB 
ID:	4595

Ok, I don't have the chome mirrors or black wheels, but other than that it's identical.... I'm torn.

Si

Car
    F56 Cooper
    I prefer the subtle look, if you have an S it’s got the scoop and twin pipes and that’s enough for me to give it a nod of approval. To me that chrome scoop is trying to hard to be noticed.

The fact it’s a stick on could actually make great car look tacky in my opinion.

But everyone to their own and Mini is much better for it.
    Mini as it was. As it is. As it always will be. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, it's up to you to decide if it counts!

Car
    R53 heavy moded
    If you like it go for it every one is different and so are there mini's I have de-chromed mine
    New sig coming soon

Car
    MINI-less
    I had a chrome scoop on my dark blue Checkmate and I liked it. But would stay clear of the stick on ones, it'll just look crap!

Quote Originally Posted by Stewart View Post
    The fact it’s a stick on could actually make great car look tacky in my opinion.
    This is exactly what's worrying me. Think I'll give it a miss and put the money towards the DRLs instead.

Thanks all for the input :)

Simon

Car
    F56 Cooper
    Now the DRL I like

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    Mini as it was. As it is. As it always will be. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, it's up to you to decide if it counts!

Went in to Menzies today, but they quoted it as being a 2 hour job, and after the cost of the DRLs (supplied by them) it's looking to be in the region of £550 I can buy the DRLs (With the same part number) from Stratstone for £220, but it's not something I could fit myself.

Si