Gismo's FJCW Detail

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    Waited a few days for a decent drop in temperature to start the mega detail, around the 85 degree mark and today was the day:-

Crombers, you might want to look elsewhere
    Fair to say that i hand washed the car 4 times which is more than i washed my previous mini in 18 months of ownership
    A few before pics:-

Started off with the Snow Foam

Power washed and then hand washed with NO Nonsense APC and power washed again

Applied the tar and iron stuff, power washed and hand washed with No Nonsense APC and power washed again, then onto the clay bar, fair to say that as the car was new there was very little rough patches, so, it didn't take as long as expected

Got the windows coated with Rain X which must have been a sign, cause the heavens opened:-

Car in the garage with no protection on it at all, will hopefully finish it off tomorrow

6 hours so far

Car
    F56 Cooper
    I take it the light in the garage is not up to much or is the garage a tight fit to work? I’m envious of anyone that can wash their car even if the rain starts then roll it indoors to dry and start polishing etc.
    Mini as it was. As it is. As it always will be. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, it's up to you to decide if it counts!

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    Quote Originally Posted by Stewart View Post
    I take it the light in the garage is not up to much or is the garage a tight fit to work? I’m envious of anyone that can wash their car even if the rain starts then roll it indoors to dry and start polishing etc.
    My garage is 20ft x 20ft, i'm waiting for a new 12ft x 28ft shed to be delivered so that i can move all the gardening crap into it and thus freeing up the space in the garage.
    As it is at the moment i don't have enough room or decent light to do inside polishing......................yet

Car
    F56 JCW, R50 Cooper Pre Production, Aston Martin V8 Vantage N400
    Glad to see you are a changed man.

A Tip though, dont need to use the whole clay bar. Get a sharp knife and for that Megs pro one cut it into 4 pieces. That way if you end up dropping it then the whole bar isnt wasted.

Car
    2007 R52 S "Sh**ey White" & 2016 Skoda Yeti "Daily"
    Well done Alan - we in Scotland are all proud of you

Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    PMSL
    Stephen & Allyson

We're all doomed........rain today........the floods tomorrow.........The Manky Club will get its retribution........the end is nigh

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    Quote Originally Posted by ianking View Post
    Glad to see you are a changed man.

A Tip though, dont need to use the whole clay bar. Get a sharp knife and for that Megs pro one cut it into 4 pieces. That way if you end up dropping it then the whole bar isnt wasted.
    I did just that, but into 3 bits, not 4

Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post

Quote Originally Posted by weefossy View Post
    We're all doomed........rain today........the floods tomorrow.........The Manky Club will get its retribution........the end is nigh
    Don't panic, clear blue skies this morning, the detail continues

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    Day 2, so hot the polishes dry in seconds making for a lengthy process of application and buffing, however, another 3-1/2 hours of non stop action, i'm knackered

Polished with Meguiars No7 glaze, then Chemical Guys Black Light Sealant and finally waxed with Collinite 476, i'll let the pictures speak for themselves:-

I think it's fair to say i'm not so anal about the trim getting some polish on it, there was some on it from the dealer prep

Used all this stuff

I've still to do the wheels and interior trim

Car
    F56 Cooper
    Just a head up, get what ever product if it is going by the pics off the arch and lower front trim and roof trim etc as its a nightmare to remove....... but its looking well. I’ve always thought a black Car will either be rewarding or a complete pain. But when its clean it looks the dog’s.
    Mini as it was. As it is. As it always will be. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, it's up to you to decide if it counts!