Manky Days Are Over

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Car
    F56 Cooper
    Quote Originally Posted by The Gismo Man View Post
    Is it safe to use on the JCW dash and seats?
    Thinking maybe you are right with the 303 and the fancy Works Dash, could darken or stain any fabric. Just using it on the top of the normal dash here and on some of the plastic on my Coop. Certainly would not want to suggest anything for it to damage or stain. Mr King or Mr A will have a better idea of what to use on the Works.

When I buy the stuff I always look at it from the point its going to be used for years. Biggest outlay recently was a new PW and to be fair it the last one lasted me seven years of regular use and still worked at the end even if it was getting a pain to use with the trigger broken but when the rinse lance finally went I did not want to spend £40-50 when the new Bosh was £99 with a 2 year warranty and non of the old quirks of the old one. The foam lance I’ve had since my Honda so its probably been six years of use. Usually by the 5ltr containers of stuff so it lasts a good few years.
    Last edited by Stewart; 18th August 2013 at 03:00 PM.
    Mini as it was. As it is. As it always will be. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, it's up to you to decide if it counts!

Pantomime Villain & Car Plan Ambassador Crombers's Avatar
    Car
    R50 Cooper & F55 SD
    THIS will never last. This will end in tears, TEARS I tell you

Traitor

R50 Cooper ..... Mini Plant Oxford

19 years of MINIfascination

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    Quote Originally Posted by Stewart View Post
    Thinking maybe you are right with the 303 and the fancy Works Dash, could darken or stain any fabric.
    Am thinking the same, there are other products available.
    Anyone else got the works leather dash?? if so, what do you use to keep it clean?
    Would this be ok Blackfire

Quote Originally Posted by Crombers View Post
    THIS will never last. This will end in tears, TEARS I tell you
    Traitor
    i'm full of good intentions, let's see what reality brings, there's always eBay to sell the items on

Car
    F56 JCW GP, R55 Clubvan
    Changed days. The list you have so far is looking good. I use a interior detailing spray for day to day cleaning of my leather dash. But I have Auto Finesse HIDE leather care and HIDE leather conditioner that I use on the dash every so often.
    Racing Grey F56 JCW GP 0370 - Chilli Red Mirror Caps, Custom OHC Alcantara Steering Wheel, Motech Performance By PiperCross Panel Filter, Custom GP Steering Wheel Spoke, Custom GP Stitched Carbon Side Scuttles, JCW Pro Mats, RSI C6 Carbonfibre Scoop, JCW Pro Stitched Carbon Boot Handle

Ice Blue R55 Clubvan - JCW Shiftlight, JCW Carbon Fibe Handbrake, JCW Carbon Fibre Dash, JCW Steering Wheel, Recaro JCW Sportster CS, CoolerWorx ShortShifter, BC Racing Coilovers, JCW Brembo 4pots, HEL Braided Lines, JCW Front Bumper, MINI Challenge Splitter, White Rota Blitz

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    So, i'm left with only the microsuede section of the seats, what's best for them?
    I can't find anything on the autogeek site, every leather product says not to go near suede, the seats are dinamica inserts with leather bolsters, typical JCW Interior spec

Would a simple horse hair brush be ok?

Car
    F56 JCW GP, R55 Clubvan
    So, i'm left with only the microsuede section of the seats, what's best for them?
    I can't find anything on the autogeek site, every leather product says not to go near suede, the seats are dinamica inserts with leather bolsters, typical JCW Interior spec

Would a simple horse hair brush be ok?
    You should get Chemical guys in the good old US of A as they are a US company. I have been recommended to use there Nonsence to clean Alcantara with a microfibres cloth for when the Alcantara or Dinamica gets really dirty. For when I'm hoovering my Alcantara seats or even when I had the Dinamica seats in the car I use a very soft Hoover attachment brush that leaves the seats looking lovely and not stripping the Alcanatra like some brushes do.
    Racing Grey F56 JCW GP 0370 - Chilli Red Mirror Caps, Custom OHC Alcantara Steering Wheel, Motech Performance By PiperCross Panel Filter, Custom GP Steering Wheel Spoke, Custom GP Stitched Carbon Side Scuttles, JCW Pro Mats, RSI C6 Carbonfibre Scoop, JCW Pro Stitched Carbon Boot Handle

Ice Blue R55 Clubvan - JCW Shiftlight, JCW Carbon Fibe Handbrake, JCW Carbon Fibre Dash, JCW Steering Wheel, Recaro JCW Sportster CS, CoolerWorx ShortShifter, BC Racing Coilovers, JCW Brembo 4pots, HEL Braided Lines, JCW Front Bumper, MINI Challenge Splitter, White Rota Blitz

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    Thanks William, i've already got Nonsense in my order, will add a suitable horse hair brush, just need to add new mitts and i'm ready to order, deep breath lol, almost $500 now including the lance

Car
    2007 R52 S "Sh**ey White" & 2016 Skoda Yeti "Daily"
    Aye it ain't cheap ! I dread to think what it all costs just in hardware !

Hope you enjoy it now after all that investment :)

Car
    F56 JCW GP, R55 Clubvan
    Thanks William, i've already got Nonsense in my order, will add a suitable horse hair brush, just need to add new mitts and i'm ready to order, deep breath lol, almost $500 now including the lance
    It's not a cheap hobby

Werther's Original & Sponsor ELFMAN's Avatar
    Larkhall, Lanarkshire, Scotland, United Kingdom
    I tried to keep up with the Detailing stuff, but to be honest my head hurt... My max these days is a foam lance, a mitt, two buckets and a big microfibre towel!
    I did hoover it recently, gave the Recaros a wipe with leather stuff and went over the arches with some sort of gel... Just seems between work and home there's never the time, and if I do get the time - it rains!
    Last edited by ELFMAN; 21st August 2013 at 03:21 PM.

2008 R56 COOPER S, Pepper White, Black Roof, 'John Cooper' Signature Side and Bonnet Stripes, JCW 'Stage 1' Tuning Kit, Forge Intercooler, Milltek Downpipe & Sports Cat, ALTA Induction, Chris Knox/DNA Remap, JCW/Brembo Brakes, Limited Slip Diff, JCW Suspension and Front Strut Brace, 17" Crown Spokes with Non-Runflat 205/45x17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport tyres, JCW/Recaro leather Seats, JCW Sideskirts, Chili Pack, Front Spotlights. Still got my old Hendrix Badge blu-tacked to the dash!