Manky Days Are Over

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Want More BHP!
    Car
    Jcw clubbie.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Gismo Man View Post
    Greig, the Meguires 101 APC you mentioned above, can you confirm it is D 101?
    Reason i ask is i can get it but it lists it as an interior APC
    It's g101 Alan, as a matter of interest do you get chemical guys products there?

Want More BHP!
    Car
    Jcw clubbie.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stewart View Post
    Your man covered everything but I’ll add if I lived out there I’d get the 303 Aerospace to do the inside trim. It’s like Sun block for your car. I actually use it outside on my trim as it says it works outside as and look to me like it does fine even in Scotland with rain beading on the trim with it on. I would not say it last ages but I top it up if I’m going any place I want the car to look its best.

Waxing in that Temp you’ll have to do ¼ of the roof at a time. One put wax on the roof and the guy across the road came out and stated talking before he drove off. I went back and it was a nightmare to get off. I luckily had some “Last Touch” but even then nightmare. You live and learn as they say.
    Excellent point on the waxing, I'd go as far to say do it late on or under cover etc?

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    Quote Originally Posted by GreigJCW View Post
    It's g101 Alan, as a matter of interest do you get chemical guys products there?
    Yep, chemical guys is listed on the autogeek site

Want More BHP!
    Car
    Jcw clubbie.
    Then get nonsense APC its new and IMO better than g101

Car
    F56 Cooper
    Do you mean this
    Yeah that’s the stuff. I spray it onto a wee square microfiber pad outside the car and then just wipe over the dash. Also have Auto glym Vinyl & Rubber Care for all the rubber around the doors and boot and use it in the engine bay too. you Just have to remember to have the rubber dry around the doors before you close the doors and have the windows come in contact after you use it. Also got the same plastic Tesco tubs as Mr A to keep all the stuff all in.

Cheaper just to send it back and get Greig to do it and then Ship it back! Your not even close with that list try double that for a start with brushes, wool Mitt. I just got a smaller version of a brush just to clean the wheels EZ Detail so now I have the large and MINI to do in at the brakes. Plus you really need two Microfibre cloths per product. Polish, Glaze, Wax...I use first cloth to take the bulk off then another to buff as it were. I bought like the Plastic Zip freezer bags and wrote what product the cloths are for. ie clar zip bag with Wax, Bag polish, Bag glaze, Bag windows inside, Bag windows outside, Bag 303 Aero etc. Yes sad as but it keep me right!

Also one of these to go round the edge lip of the alloy's

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/wheels.../prod_973.html
    Valet Pro - Inch Round Wheel Brush!
    Last edited by Stewart; 17th August 2013 at 10:42 PM.
    Mini as it was. As it is. As it always will be. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, it's up to you to decide if it counts!

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    Yeah that’s the stuff. I spray it onto a wee square microfiber pad outside the car and then just wipe over the dash
    Is it safe to use on the JCW dash and seats?

I bought like the Plastic Zip freezer bags and wrote what product the cloths are for. ie clar zip bag with Wax, Bag polish, Bag glaze, Bag windows inside, Bag windows outside, Bag 303 Aero etc. Yes sad as but it keep me right!
    I'll be doing the same

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    $375 + 6% tax and still to get the foam lance and connector, be cheaper to fly Greig, Ian or Craig over

Want More BHP!
    Car
    Jcw clubbie.
    $375 + 6% tax and still to get the foam lance and connector, be cheaper to fly Greig, Ian or Craig over
    I'm available , Craig's injured.

I'm so exhausted just reading all that..........where do I sign up for the Manky Club?
    Just shows what a great deal Mr King does for me, when you look at that shopping list.......Thanks Ian.

updated

Meant to add.....great job Grieg, leaves no one in doubt of how "detailed" the job is.
    Last edited by weefossy; 18th August 2013 at 03:21 PM. Reason: updated