MCS side skirts - easy to fit?

AberdeenMini
    Im on the lookout for some 'S' sideskirts, are they a easy to fit or is it a job for a garage? Please take into consideration it took me 3 days to change my rear lights!:I

Sponsor
    is it for a cooper or a cooper s? I'm asking because I wanted to fit Coop S sides to my Cooper but didn't know if it was worth it cost wise. If I find a cheap pair, i'll whack them on and let you know how I get on.

3GGG
    Yes it is fairly easy to do yourself. There are some instructions on MINI2.COM. If you get secondhand S Skirts then you will also have to buy the clips to refit them. (Only pennies).
    The alloy running strips can be removed and refitted with a bit of care.

AberdeenMini
    quote:Originally posted by sleepyrascal

is it for a cooper or a cooper s? I'm asking because I wanted to fit Coop S sides to my Cooper but didn't know if it was worth it cost wise. If I find a cheap pair, i'll whack them on and let you know how I get on.
    Yip its for a Cooper.

miniFEF
    barry from zeemax was sellin his cooper s bodykit worth a try askin if he still has it! look on the zeemax website under bits for sale it should be there!

AberdeenMini
    quote:Originally posted by miniFEF

barry from zeemax was sellin his cooper s bodykit worth a try askin if he still has it! look on the zeemax website under bits for sale it should be there!
    Cheers min!

Vicki
    I bought some S skirts for a tenner at Mini In The Park in september, there was a stall selling only BMW MINI pieces and behind the stall they were were selling s skirts, areo kit skirts, wheels etc etc.

i got a really good pair, just a small scratch on one of them. i bought them in september but still not got round to putting them on, im scared of breaking anything! lol

The Dogfather
    It's very easy to do just follow the instructions on MINI2!

Sponsor
    Easy job. The parts you need are readily available from mini garages and cost me £10.23 . Bit of a random price I know.

The first skirt I fitted was a 2 hour job. The second was a 20 minute job! Its a bit fiddly at first but once you suss it all out, its easy!!