private plates

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    eddie 44
    looking for a private plate for my wifes new car, anyone have any
    sites other than the DVLA... cheers

Are My Nuts Tight
    Car
    Dougall the Red
    Hi, there are loads of sites that you can get licence plates from. I spent ages going through various sites before I got mine. If you have an idea of what you want you can try making your own, old or new style. My plate was cheaper on the DVLA site than on others. Sorry cant remember any names of these sites but there are loads of them. There are some cracking plates out there with equally cracking price tags! Happy hunting!

Dear Lord, If you wont make me skinny, please make my friends fat-very Fat.

GAJ
    Most if not all of the affordable (for me anyway) plates are held by the DVLA. The other sites merely buy these from the DVLA and charge you a premium. People who already own private plates and want to sell them tend to ask silly money. Again these websites merely act as brokers for private sellers and make their profit by charging you more than they pay. I would look for something suitable on the DVLA site for maximum value for money; what sort of thing are you looking for?

Nenah
    The DVLA price is inclusive of transfer fee and VAT whilst the other sellers charge you this on top of their advertised price.

The DVLA site is really crap to navigate and search on and they dont have online buying and DLV office s only open till 5pm to place and order - so persist and you'll eventually find what youre looking for!

X30YES
    DVLA is the cheapest as the others buy from them and add the mark up ...if its a new reg number ie never reg'd.....just read GAJ reply,and her from Oz oops:I

AberdeenMini
    Get onto google and type in "private reg plates". I've been looking for a while now and as everyones saying, the DVLA site is probably the cheapest, usually only by a few quid tho! :)

Sponsor
    Aye but DVLA, as scary OZ woman says, is inclusive of the 80 quid trnsfer fee etc. I'm lookin to get a plate at the moment and I cant find a reason not to use DVLA. Check out the DVLA auction pages also! There are some bargains on some really cool plates! Mind you, the price can swell this way depending on what you want. A friend of mine wanted D RO881E (David Robbie). He ended up paying over £2500 for it. But then it is an exclusive plate.

Banned
    Car
    GP 0878
    You could do what I did:)

I bought a car for the reg then sold the car at a profiet

Sponsor
    You could do what JOhn did ! I also, could do what John did. .. Think I'm gona do what JOhn did. Well, try.

Banned
    Car
    GP 0878
    here is a bargain

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=43123&item=2487316 635&rd=1