Xbox One or PS4

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Car
    R53 heavy moded
    Will prob get the ps4 @ some point but dint know when spent to muchbon the car lol

Sent from my RM-875_eu_euro1_212 using Tapatalk
    New sig coming soon

Car
    R56 JCW Hatch, R60 JCW Countryman ALL4
    To be honest, for now at least, I think my gaming days are over. Certainly I won't be buying any of the new consoles when they come out. I suspect if I was going to buy one it would be the PS4.

I used to play COD every Wednesday, Thursday and often a Friday. Now with tennis on Wednesdays and Thursdays, and Lenore and I are often out into the evening on Fridays..... I only play cod maybe once a month. And it must be 6 weeks since I last played.

I just can't justify spending £350 on something I'm not that invested in anymore.

On a side note though, I was cleaning out my drawers the other day - not a euphuism - and found the receipt for my PS3...... £500!!! Bought on launch day.

R60 Light White / Red Countryman All 4 John Cooper Works Auto
    R57 Chili Red Convertible John Cooper Works Auto

Car
    R53 heavy moded
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyP & Lenore View Post
    To be honest, for now at least, I think my gaming days are over. Certainly I won't be buying any of the new consoles when they come out. I suspect if I was going to buy one it would be the PS4.

I used to play COD every Wednesday, Thursday and often a Friday. Now with tennis on Wednesdays and Thursdays, and Lenore and I are often out into the evening on Fridays..... I only play cod maybe once a month. And it must be 6 weeks since I last played.

I just can't justify spending £350 on something I'm not that invested in anymore.

On a side note though, I was cleaning out my drawers the other day - not a euphuism - and found the receipt for my PS3...... £500!!! Bought on launch day.

see i am the same between gym and Christine and baby on rmthe way will prob be holding off for a bit yet 😊

Sent from my RM-875_eu_euro1_212 using Tapatalk
    New sig coming soon

Car
    F56 JCW GP, R55 Clubvan
    I will probably get a PS4 but not until next year. With GT6 coming out in November on PS3 I can't see any need for a PS4 right now.
    Racing Grey F56 JCW GP 0370 - Chilli Red Mirror Caps, Custom OHC Alcantara Steering Wheel, Motech Performance By PiperCross Panel Filter, Custom GP Steering Wheel Spoke, Custom GP Stitched Carbon Side Scuttles, JCW Pro Mats, RSI C6 Carbonfibre Scoop, JCW Pro Stitched Carbon Boot Handle

Ice Blue R55 Clubvan - JCW Shiftlight, JCW Carbon Fibe Handbrake, JCW Carbon Fibre Dash, JCW Steering Wheel, Recaro JCW Sportster CS, CoolerWorx ShortShifter, BC Racing Coilovers, JCW Brembo 4pots, HEL Braided Lines, JCW Front Bumper, MINI Challenge Splitter, White Rota Blitz

Car
    r53s jcw
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnie View Post
    I've always been xbox but I gotta say its time to change. The xbox one looks like an eighties betamax video recorder, its too expensive and I only want a games console not an "entertainment hub" or whatever its meant to be, I probably wont use most of it.
    Just re-read this post, how wrong was i.

Car
    R56 JCW Hatch, R60 JCW Countryman ALL4
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnie View Post
    Just re-read this post, how wrong was i.
    lol Jonnie. Good that you're making use of your X-box One.... if that's what you meant by your post.

However, I have to admit, my post on 25th October was spot on. In fact, I haven't picked up a PS3 remote since late August 2013. Tennis is just too much fun.

I do miss the NMS COD Nights though. The comedy moments, the satisfaction of sniping Zimbo from the undergrowth "Andy ya wee BAS***D!", the pistol games, blowing Gismo up with a grenade launcher - "oh yes, well done Andy, you must be very proud", knifing Stoney from behind - granted, that didn't happen very often.... All great times.

But none of it compares to serving a great serve, ripping the return, forcing your opponent across court, then dropping the ball just over the net to win the point, or blasting a forehand smash sending the ball 30 feet in the air.

R60 Light White / Red Countryman All 4 John Cooper Works Auto
    R57 Chili Red Convertible John Cooper Works Auto

^^ yep, physical activity is far more rewarding. I haven't used my xbox in over a year (and even then it was only to learn the Ring).

Badminton, road cycling, mountain biking all more fun for me

Feet were made to fit car pedals. If we were meant to walk, we'd have pogo sticks for legs

Quote Originally Posted by AndyP & Lenore View Post
    lol Jonnie. Good that you're making use of your X-box One.... if that's what you meant by your post.

However, I have to admit, my post on 25th October was spot on. In fact, I haven't picked up a PS3 remote since late August 2013. Tennis is just too much fun.

I do miss the NMS COD Nights though. The comedy moments, the satisfaction of sniping Zimbo from the undergrowth "Andy ya wee BAS***D!", the pistol games, blowing Gismo up with a grenade launcher - "oh yes, well done Andy, you must be very proud", knifing Stoney from behind - granted, that didn't happen very often.... All great times.

But none of it compares to serving a great serve, ripping the return, forcing your opponent across court, then dropping the ball just over the net to win the point, or blasting a forehand smash sending the ball 30 feet in the air.
    ...I'm the only one still playing, not very often though. And once the baby arrives I will probably not play again except on the very rare occassion

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    Quote Originally Posted by zimbo View Post
    ...I'm the only one still playing, not very often though. And once the baby arrives I will probably not play again except on the very rare occassion
    Ahem, i'm the one who plays regularly, average 2 hours per day, albeit i hate Ghosts and sticking to Black Ops 2
    The old NMS COD nights were great fun and to this day i rmember the shocked cry from Ferengo when i was crouched below a window he was looking through and then suddenly stood up and knifed him

Single-handedly bankrupting eBay Ferengo's Avatar
    Car
    F56 JCW Cooper S
    Quote Originally Posted by Gismo View Post
    Ahem, i'm the one who plays regularly, average 2 hours per day, albeit i hate Ghosts and sticking to Black Ops 2
    The old NMS COD nights were great fun and to this day i rmember the shocked cry from Ferengo when i was crouched below a window he was looking through and then suddenly stood up and knifed him
    Ha ha Gismo. I remember that well. It was Andy P's favourite map on COD4.

I opted for an Xbox one and love it. Though if anyone wanted to play BO2 on the PS3 I still would. Just never on to check.

I miss the old game nights. Many hours spent and enjoyed. Good banter too.