Xbox One or PS4

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Steven Allan
    ps4 will be charging for online play but this is there step forward to creating more stable servers like the 360 had.

since the release of the xbox one they have pretty much changed everything that they originally said for example before you pretty much couldnt play second hand games on it, my personal fav was say you had 2 x box ones in the house and ur partner brother or whoever had that game if you wanted to play that game on your own xbox you would have to pay the full price of the game to play it LOL! also if you wanted to take it around to a friends house to play you couldnt do that either they changed it so u could play it for an hour at a friends but that got scrapped to its kinda hillarious.

but to the original question its a ps4 for me microsoft really screwed themselves with this one but hey who knows console might turn out to be really good but for me its the ps4

So I have JUST read that the US is getting the PS4 on 15/11/13 and the rest of us here in UK /Europe dont get them till 29/11/13 WTF is all that about

Car
    Full on JCW!! :)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stewart View Post
    None. Not really a fan of the consoles and just don’t see anything I’d get one for game wise. Treating myself to a top end pc later in the year or early next to play DayZ standalone, the new Elite and probably a few others.

The new Consoles are just weaker Pc’s sold with controllers. Not saying they wont be impressive after the wait.
    Probably neither for a while yet, but probably the xbox eventually, mostly cos the wee toy sony controller is gash.
    The new Xbox controller is looking pretty good to, it's been refined a lot.
    After playing a fair bit of Battlefield 3 recently tho, I'll be buying BF 4 for the PC when that comes out. FPS game are just so much better with a mouse and keyboard instead of a crappy controller

Forza and Halo will be epic tho

Single-handedly bankrupting eBay Ferengo's Avatar
    Car
    F56 JCW Cooper S
    Well I'll go with the Majority. I play both so will probably end up with both but if you guys are gonna play the PS4 & COD then it will be a PS4 first. Though you guys have to start coming back on

Car
    F56 Cooper
    Silly question but I know that with my friends kids Console you could not play the previous console versions games. I take it GTA V will be able to be played on the new machines or will they bring out a beefed up version just for them?
    Mini as it was. As it is. As it always will be. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, it's up to you to decide if it counts!

Steven Allan
    mmm well it all depends really if your talking about the xbox 360 couldnt play xbox games you could just had to upgrade the hardrive and the ps3 could play ps1 games but not ps2 from what i hear with sony if you buy the new games and the ps4 comes out i dont think it can read the disk but there bringing out something that will be like a code so you can then play it on the ps4 im making it sound more complicated than it is and xbox one im not sure think there allowing 360 games to be played on it now.

Car
    F56 Cooper
    Surprised no one sat round a big table and thought “Hell yeah, release this game a few months before the new console and then get them to buy it again. Here is the kicker we tell them its better on the new device” They are bound to fall for it!
    Mini as it was. As it is. As it always will be. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, it's up to you to decide if it counts!

So has anyone made any decisions on what they are going to be doing with regard to possible purchasing of one of these new machines seeing as they are now due shortly on our shores and in our shops?

Me personally I am going to wait a while and let them iron out all the niggly new product gremlins first before I get a new system. especially since I am still perfectly happy with my PS3 and the fact that the PS4 does NOT allow cross-console gaming (as in not being able to play any previous PS console games on the new PS4!! which you can do on the PS3) is kinda helping me decide to just stick with my PS3 even more so because I do have quite a few older games and do still enjoy playing them even if it is only once in a blue moon.

So lets here your opinions and thoughts my fellow gaming gurus?

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    As soon as it's out i'll be buying the PS4, i won't buy another game until then, not sure what i'll do with the PS3, most likely will keep it to play the older games

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    I've missed the pre order for the PS4 and am hopeful that my points status may get me an in shop machine at the 12:01 shop opening release, if not, then no matter, i can wait