Grille surrounds R56

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Two questions.

1) How easy is it to change the top & bottom surrounds on a R56 S? NOTE: If there's the SLIGHTEST chance of damaging or scratching anything I'm likely to lose some useful body parts. [Per SWMBO!!]

2) The best place to buy black surrounds

Car
    F56 Cooper
    The simple answer is it's a doddle!

As for supplies, I'm not sure. Shop around and see how gives you the best price.
    MINI F56 Cooper in Deep Blue with black roof and caps.

Car
    Full on JCW!! :)
    Quote Originally Posted by N16SHP View Post
    The simple answer is it's a doddle!

As for supplies, I'm not sure. Shop around and see how gives you the best price.
    What Neil says! Dead easy. 10-15 min job if you're taking your time. 4 or 5 screws for the top one off the bonnet, and for the bottom one, I undid the 4 plastic clip screws on the grille*, pulled the grille off (for easy access) then carefully remove the bottom part. You might have to carefully poke some of the clips out with a flat screwdriver, but take your time, be patient and it should come off easily. then put it back together in reverse order.

* For the clips on the grill, put the flat screwdriver between the round head of the clip and the clip holder, and twist the head up to loosen the clip. It should be obvious when you see the clip :) then pull clip and holder out. push the holder back in then the clip into it to fix it back into position...

Hope that helps

Oh yeah,.. I found that MINI were the easiest to get the parts from. they took a day to order Think for both parts (the black ones for me) was about £43 or so..

Want More BHP!
    Car
    Jcw clubbie.
    Where are you based I am sure someone near to you would help

The metrolips of Perth...OR....Pairth as it's known in the trade.

Want More BHP!
    Car
    Jcw clubbie.
    I am Stirling I'd be more than happy to do stuff for you. Not a lot of stuff I have not changed on the minis over the years.

Want More BHP!
    Car
    Jcw clubbie.
    In fact I have a black top and bottom section if you wanted to try it

Sounds great to me. I'll order up a set. Probably better that way than a trial fitting.....unless you want to flog me a set.

I've dropped you a PM.

Want More BHP!
    Car
    Jcw clubbie.
    Yeah give me a shout buddy. Got another 9 days at home before going back offshore for two weeks.